Moving the Batteries on a GW225T

Reaction score
Boat: GW225T
Name: Attitude Indicator
Engines: Yamaha F250AETX and Yamaha FT9.9GMHL High Thrust

I'm thinking about moving the two batteries on my 225 Tournament from their original location, under the aft deck, to a position further forward, to the storage area directly under the helm (above the deck). The reason for this move is to counter aft C of G issues when the boat is at rest.

The normal C of G on the 225T is about 75" forward of the bottom of the transom. However, I've gone and added an additional 120lbs to the transom by installing a Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust on a Garalick Bracket, as a Back-Up/Standby to the 600lb F250.....Just in case. Over here on the eastern edge of the Andaman Sea/Indian Ocean, we don't have a U.S. Coast Guard to call on. (The ladder on the swim platform was removed and a notch was cut into the swim platform to accommodate the additional engine/bracket) The result of this additional 120lbs so far aft, causes the boat to "squat" in the water when at rest.

The weight of two new Mastervolt AGM batteries come in at 66lbs each, 132lbs total. Positioning the batteries well forward of the C of G, on the starboard side, should counter the weight of the additional engine and any C of G issues when the boat is at rest. Same goes for keeping any other heavy gear/tools/etc well forward.

Question:
Have any readers moved the batteries on their 225's from the original aft location under the deck, forward, to the storage area under the helm, where they'll be high and dry....??? If you have, how did the move work out for you..? Any suggestions..?
Thanks,
Ian Mitchell
verticalift@gmail.com

http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums...tion=view¤t=2d47bf0a.jpg&evt=user_media_share