Must have been a Monday

Tdurr22

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer

Started my total rewire and to be honest Grady has disappointed me. Look at this wiring . This runs in the port side windshield to the anchor light. Sad sad sad can't wait to see what's next.

Attachments

• IMG_20240216_194229656.jpg
    IMG_20240216_194229656.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 139

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
What year is your boat? Have you had it since new? How many previous owners if not? That looks a lot more like a previous owner's work.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
i have never seen wiring like that on any of my boats. from the factory Although the next owner of my boat may find a few things that look like that :)

Reactions: Uncle Joe

Tdurr22

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What year is your boat? Have you had it since new? How many previous owners if not? That looks a lot more like a previous owner's work.
It's a 83 seafarer but this is factory wiring. There is no way anyone would run wiring like this in there own boat. If they do they don't need a boat not only dangerous but pure stupid

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
It's a 83 seafarer but this is factory wiring. There is no way anyone would run wiring like this in there own boat. If they do they don't need a boat not only dangerous but pure stupid
So I take it you have NOT had this boat from new, then? You are way mistaken on making an assumption and blaming this on Grady. Way, way, WAY mistaken! The boat is 4 DECADES old! There could have been who-knows-how-many previous owners.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
So I take it you have NOT had this boat from new, then? You are way mistaken on making an assumption and blaming this on Grady. Way, way, WAY mistaken! The boat is 4 DECADES old! There could have been who-knows-how-many previous owners.
Yeah, a 40 year old boat is unlikely to have original wiring.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I'm pretty sure Grady never ran wire exposed along the top edge of the windshield.

No Hardtop? Someone probably moved the all around from the stern to the windshield?
Why 3 wires? All-around would have been a grey/white and a black ground.

Last edited:

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I'm pretty sure Grady never ran wire exposed along the top edge of the windshield.

No Hardtop? Someone probably moved the all around from the stern to the windshield?
Why 3 wires? All-around would have been a grey/white and a black ground.
Those blue crimp wire connectors look pretty new. No way they are 40 years old looking like that completely exposed. Did they even have those in the 80s?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Prob not original, but let's be honest - wiring isn't a Grady strength.

Reactions: glacierbaze

seasick

Reaction score
You haven't seen enough boats:) I have seen many more poor wiring jobs than good ones on older boats. Haven't you seen wire nuts, plain twisted wires with tape, larger gauge conductors with smaller gauge sections spliced in, or lamp cord used for AC applications? Good wiring jobs are a thing of beauty. Crappy wiring is more of a common thing.

Your wiring as noted is not original and obviously so for many reasons. In addition, since the chain of custody is not intact, your evidence would not be admissible the Great Grady Grand Jury:)

• Haha
Reactions: SkunkBoat