My 2006 228 Electronics

gcli56

Reaction score
Drilled hole for Airmar tilted element transducer
Airmar tilted element transducer installed
I ordered the boat without rod holders on the livewell, I think it gives a cleaner look.
Plumbed the two cup holders that drained into bilge to a through hull under rod rack
Installed the Standard Horizon VHF with digital antenna

Flush mounted a Raymarine C80 and DS600X Fishfinder
I removed the cabin electronics cabinet and installed a fold down mirror and table

Splash down and water test March 31 at 10 am, can't wait, counting down the days!!!!!

Seafarer228G

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent job!! You have a very nice boat there.

Can you do me a favor? Can you measure the length of the gas strut fully extended in the port side fish box and then post the length here? My Seafarer doesn't have the struts in the fish boxes, but I plan to add them to the boat this spring. I need to know what length to buy.

Thanks!

gcli56

Reaction score
sorry seafarer 228 I took the boat back to the dealer saturday will not see the boat again untill march 31 if no one gets back to you by then I will post that friday.

Tommy Tuna

Reaction score
gcli56, I have the same boat and the c80. I flush mounted it the same way, but must admit I like the white starboard better than the black that I used. I also removed the electronics cover below, it lets in alot more light. I like the fold down shelf idea too. Might have to steal that idea from ya :wink: . Great looking job and good luck with her.

dan313

Reaction score
Rob,

Great job on the boat. Good Luck with the Sea Trials. I'm not opening her up for another couple of weeks..I'm shooting for April 15..

Lenny