My 228 arrived

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Running a hub on mine also. I was good until I added Sirius WX so had to go to a hub. I have it hooked to a switch on my panel for power. Tucked it in behind my units in the electronics box at the helm.

20200613_152335.jpg20200613_152344.jpg20200613_152433.jpg

Pighunter

Reaction score

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
That's a good place for it. This hub stuff is all new to me. Everything I ever owned before was plug and fish.

Same here,, but I was only running a single HDS 12 on other boat.

Running 2 units, single transducer, remote GPS antenna and Sirius WX antenna, linked by ethernet, had to go to a hub.

Pighunter

Reaction score
You need something like a sonar hub. This is what I run. It also has numerous Ethernet hookups. You can run both a chirp transducer and a structure scan transducer.
View attachment 13893
Old picture. Cleaned up since. See Lowrance Sonar Hub. Also the R110 radar interface box.
View attachment 13894
The 2 cords you have plugged with the yellow ends, what are they called? Those aren't the ether net cords are they? I'm trying to order but not sure.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Well my sonarhub was delivered last night but it has something inside that is broke loose, sounds like something broke in shipping. I'm waiting for seller to reply. I think he had 2 or 3 maybe just swap it out.

JJMag

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Well my sonarhub was delivered last night but it has something inside that is broke loose, sounds like something broke in shipping. I'm waiting for seller to reply. I think he had 2 or 3 maybe just swap it out.

Definitely sorry to hear your sonar hub has something loose in it
At least the ocean is very rough these days out of the Golden gate and half Moon Bay

Pighunter

Reaction score
Definitely sorry to hear your sonar hub has something loose in it
At least the ocean is very rough these days out of the Golden gate and half Moon Bay
Yeah Bodega has been rough also. I figure I'll be fishing next month, I'm still waiting for the poppet kit, the upholstery shop wants the boat for three days end of this month for fitting new enclosure and next week I'm having new brakes and bearings installed.
I got over the idea that I had to rush and go fishing, with all the great advice I've gotten here I'm taking my time and getting it all dialed in.

Pighunter

Reaction score
Picked it up from the upholstery shop .new canvas and stratus glass. I really like it but boy it's a pain in the ### too roll up before getting on the road.
I'm having problems posting pictures I'll try again later