My '97 Gulfstream gets new Curtains

grady23

Reaction score
I just returmed from a week long trip to Harkers Island. Spent the week hunting for Spanish and King Mackrel. Before I left, I got in contact with the folks at A&J Canvas in Vanceboro, NC. I stopped by on the way to Harker's so they could check all the measurements and see the new design of the side panel. They quoted me a VERY good price on a new set of curtains for my 232GT Gulfstream. They installed the original set back in 1997 when the boat was built. This set has a new single panel on the sides to replace the the original 2-panel design. Man what a difference in visibility. This new design also allows me to open a window for ventilation without having to roll up the entire canvas. These folks are as real as they come. Genuine and true to thier word, everything was ready when I arrived for the installation on the following Saturday morning after a week in Harkers . BTW-- Saturday is NOT one of thier usual work days, but since I was from out of town and set up everything in advance they were VERY accomodating. These people KNOW thier job and do it very well. The owner was there to do the work himself along with his wife and son-in-law. The entire re-fit took only 45 minutes even after they did a minor re-sew on a zipper. The "Boss" didn't like the way it looked. The curtains are made using the Sunbrella-Plus material and Strata-Glass clear. The straps are now made fron the curtain material with a smooth fabric liner that resists scratching the clear. If your in the area or passing thru, give them a call if you need new curtains. A local guy told me that the price that I got was EXTREMELY GOOD and he couldn't match it with the same materials. I won't quote the price because of the constant change in materials costs. Needless to say I very happy with the entire deal. As a side bar, my Grandfather used to run an upholstry shop that did restoration work for the Smithsonian. I know quality work when I see it.
If you know of anyone in need of a used set of curtains for a Gulfstream -- Mine are for sale CHEAP!

I have tried to post pics but keep getting message "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"
What do I need to do to post picture. I have already re-size the pic to 93K.