My First Grady

harleytuna

Reaction score
For years I have been fishing the waters off the DE coast in my 19' center console and on the long trips in and out of the Lewes canal I would check out all the different brands of boats. Especially the Grady-Whites!

Last weekend the only boat in the canal was the 2001 Adventure that my wife and I were taking out with the owner for a sea trial. The handling of this boat and preformance of the 200hp Yamaha is excellent. Needless to say we were hooked and made the deal that day. What a sweet boat!!

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem with the rubber trim at the bottom of the gunwale coming off and what would be a good adhesive to re-attach. Thanks, John

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
John: Congratulations on a great boat. We had 1995 Adventure for ten years and loved it!

Are you referrring to the trim inside the boat, around the cut-out for the horizontal rod racks or the insert in the rubrail?

Rob

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Great,

Looks like this one Huh? You're gonna love it.

100_0708a.jpg

harleytuna

Reaction score
Trim

Rob, Yes the trim above the rod racks and also one of the 208 emblems on the side of the cuddy is tying to peel off. I'm thinking something that would remain pliable might work. What do you think? Thanks, John

P.S. Great shot of the 05.

wahoo33417

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Re: Trim

harleytuna said:
Rob, Yes the trim above the rod racks and also one of the 208 emblems on the side of the cuddy is tying to peel off. I'm thinking something that would remain pliable might work. What do you think? Thanks, John

P.S. Great shot of the 05.

John: I probably don't know the best answer, but I would start out with what I perceive to be the least permanent adhesive (like white adhesive caulk) and see how it does. Then step up to 5200, if you need to.

Rob

Tunateaser

Reaction score
Hi John,

Congratulations on your new Grady. i also just bought my 1st (265 Express) in February and I can tell you they are worth every penny you invested. May you have many good trips, full fish boxes and tight lines.

Dan