My Grady was violated

Oceanbean

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I leave the boat in late for the fall bass run. This morning go down to check it and find that the cabin door has been ripped open and all my fishing gear and tackle stolen and who knows what else. Fortunately - the %$&&^% 's left my electronics alone and seem to have limited the damage to the cabin door. Lousy punk kids with a day off from school and nothing else to do. A bummer start to the day. All nice gear - it will probably end up on e-bay or craigs list.

I hope this misfortune eludes all of you.

Oceanbean
93 Explorer 245 VP DP

LI Grady

Reaction score
I feel your pain....I had some gear stolen once.

I'd make a list and post it here and on Craig's list and even THT. I'd like to think that most boaters wouldn't want to knowingly buy stolen gear.

Who know's? Maybe lightening will strike, you'll get a heads up on your gear being sold, "bid" on it and get to meet the little bastards in person. You know that GSB can be real desolate at night this time of year :twisted:

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It happened also in my area a few years back. The thief was cought selling all the stuff on ebay. Some of the owners even bought their stuff back from him, this is how he was cought, but did not do a day in jail, daddy has money. If this is happening a lot in your area, you should contact Southold police dept., they have the whole wrap on this guy. Maybe is the same guy, clean work on the cabin doors was one of his specialties.
Do a search on ebay(even though he was banned from there) with your stuff, and see what you come up with, or craigs list.

plymouthgrady

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Unfortunately, it's pretty common these days. They have become so brazen that they hit my boat, among others, IN THE MOORING FIELD!

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If you win the auction, ask if you can save on the shipping and pick it up locally 8) .

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I took a 2 hour nap before heading to the canyon and had the 30's and 50's glaring and had some punk actually walk on my boat to look at them....he said to hsi buddy they must be heading to the grand canyon...unles we take their stuff. Needless to say I blurted out yup I'm heading to Arizona!!! And chased them down the dock with a harpoon in hand!!! The harpoon happen to be rigged and in the cabin next to me :wink: Wasn;t able to catch them but did make a report....the cop thought it was hilarious I chased them carrying a harpoon. Now we have cops at my marina every half hour since it is a county owned and operated marina. Sorry for the loss, hopefully the scum gets caught and your stuff is returned or replaced.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Gradyfish, if I saw that from a distance I'd be LMAO!

If I was you, it would have been tough not to throw the 'poon at their legs (not the nasty end).

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I was sleeping in my boat one weekend and a buddy of mine next to me on his boat, in the middle of night i felf the boat moving and somebody trying to open the cabin door, i though it was my friend but i heard him(the violator)cursing cause he couldn't open the door, i callled my friend's cell and i came out also, the guy got so scared but he pulled an ice pick from his pocket, well, that was a big mistake on his part. Now the guys in the marina call us "the macho men" :mrgreen: .
Called the cops too after the guy crawlled away :wink:

freddy063

Reaction score
sorrry to hear

This is only the begining, time are going to get a lot worst befor they get better. So theres going to be a lot of stuff getting ripe off. A friend of mine had someone weekly going on his boat and takein little stuff. he ended putting in a little camera and it recorder the person, didn't have anything eles missing after he found out who it was. but do they make alarms for boats like cars? I'm sure if lights and horns blearing someones going to see something.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
2 on 1 and he pulls an icepick? Not the brightest bulb, there's a good chance you have a fillet knife within reach.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
JUST-IN-TIME said:
Grog said:
2 on 1 and he pulls an icepick? Not the brightest bulb, there's a good chance you have a fillet knife within reach.

most thieves ain't to bright 8)

You don't make the mistake of pulling a weapon too many times.

JUST-IN-TIME

Reaction score
Grog said:
JUST-IN-TIME said:
Grog said:

most thieves ain't to bright 8)

You don't make the mistake of pulling a weapon too many times.

ya i hear ya
in a marina i know, people where getting gas stolen this last summer
so there was stakeouts
turns out it was the harbor master!!!!