My New Soon To Be Fishing Partner

Kizuna

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
OK, go to reflect a bit. I only met one of my grandfathers, but I was only 1 and don't remember him. He was a Merchant Marine and a Staten Island ferry boat Captain after. My other grandfather died before I was ever born, and taught my father how to fish back in Japan. One way or another, the love of boating and fishing has existed in both sides of the family and now I see my son fishing, boating, filleting fish and making sushi. So when I see future generations (tech savvy or not, but they will be) it brings a smile to my face.

Reactions: MLangley

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
As a grandfather to eight, nothing is better. Period.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I love fishing with the kids. My two boys, starting around 5, would alway go off with me on bass fishing trips. It wasn't the fishing as much as the adventure for them. When we did Florida my daughter got involved and it was great. Now my 4 year old granddaughter is involved. It doesn't't get much better.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I hope it works out.
I had hoped the same for my kids, but lake ecology changes has ruined it for them. Used to be that every spring and fall the family could go out and kill it on yellow perch for Lake Erie. For any kid it was shooting fish in a barrel. That has all changed and is no longer. Walleye dominate now, but the kids don't care for the pace of trolling. Maybe one day it will change again.

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Don,

Enjoy the ride. Here's my grandson with his first mackerel and now his too many to count tuna. I've enjoyed every minute - I know you will too!

Grandpa Lou
IMG_2598a.jpgIMG_2687.jpg

Reactions: MLangley and Kizuna

TopsulTime

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Very cool. My daughter has been married 3 yrs, I'm ready for my 1st. I need a 2nd chance and won't blow it this time with work and my own selfishness. I failed to get my son interested in fishing.

On a brighter note (for me) my new son (son in law) is as excited about getting "our" SF 282 here in another week or so just in time for fall fishing.

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have 2 adult daughters now that fished with me their entire lives, one is now a Federal Fishery Officer here in British Columbia and my youngest is a Veterinarian that spent 7 chilly winters in Saskatoon at University. Hopefully there will be more grandchildren in my Seafarer in a few years. They will all be awesome fishing partners.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looking forward to those future days!