My pc is saying Tim Russert just died?

gregsnow

Reaction score
Website
www.NauticalHeadquarters.com
angel.gif

seabob4

Reaction score
Yes he did. Heart attack, 58 years old. You never know...

I kind of liked him, although I often disagreed with him. But he was a pretty good guy, and he will be missed.

Hug your wife and kids. You never know...

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Very sad....whether you agreed with him or not, he was a class act....

uncljohn

Reaction score
he was so objective, if you didn't agree with him, then you didn't agree with the truth. I'm very sad about his passing. His poor father.

seabob4

Reaction score
When I was a sophomore at the University of Illinois, we were going to go on spring break in the Bahamas. We left Champaign and drove all night, 12 of us in an International Travelall. 1979. The driver attempted to switch driving chores with the middle front seat passenger while at speed, no alcohol involved, the Travelall started to veer left and right, and overturned twice, coming to rest in a ditch, upside down, at 3:00 a.m., just south of Dalton, GA. I had broken ribs, but was a lot better off than some of my brothers, but we did a head count, and one member of our party wasn't accounted for. Why it was me, I don't know, but I found a flashlight, and searched the wreakage and found the unaccounted for brother. One of my pledge brothers. 19 years old. The top of the van had collapsed his skull but he was still breathing. I cleared the blood from his mouth and nose, and then he gasped. And then he died.

This young man never had an opportunity to make his impact on the world the way Tim Russert did, and thus, I find my friends passing more tragic. Tim did, and, thus, he led a fruitful, productive, meaningful life. But to my friend? That's something that will move me forever. Maybe the wrong forum to post this, but I'll get over it...

seabob4

Reaction score
You know, 30 years later, and...May we all cherish each day we spend on this planet with the ones we love, doing what we love to do. Gave the dog a hug today, too. I'm sure Tim had a lab, or whatever, and he loved to see that member of his family when he got home. O.K., on with business!