Mysterious Canvas

Jim wick

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Can anyone tell me about this? I just bought a 1996 192 tournament. It looks to be factory

Attachments

• 87D3F047-8AA5-429F-80AE-A09D79833DAE.jpeg
    87D3F047-8AA5-429F-80AE-A09D79833DAE.jpeg
    736.1 KB · Views: 71

suzukidave

Reaction score
i have full factory canvas for a 190 and no idea either.

guesses would be anchor locker cover, piece that fits between windshield and bow tonneau, or maybe a stretcher piece made for a shrunken factory canvas that no longer fits.

Topjimmy

Reaction score
i have full factory canvas for a 190 and no idea either.

guesses would be anchor locker cover, piece that fits between windshield and bow tonneau, or maybe a stretcher piece made for a shrunken factory canvas that no longer fits.
That is what I was thinking too after looking at it more is it might be is a anchor locker cover which would be a good thing to have

Jim wick

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I looked at that but there are no snaps around the anchor locker and I would think it would have a V shape also.

It’s not big enough to be of any use anywhere around the bow seating or windshield pass thru.

I was thinking a wrap around something? Cover for battery/oil injection area? I really think it’s origional due to the matching upholstery.

It has 4 FEMALE snaps on both sides. 4 up and four down as it lays flat. There was only one so I’m guessing it’s centerline or single use like dash cover?

Thanks fellas. At this point it’s more curiosity than a need. What a great boat!!

suzukidave

Reaction score
i could maybe see this thing as somehow wrapping around the bimini like a boot and holding it in a particular position against the windshield or maybe under the splashwell.

or maybe the previous owner found it floating in the ocean one day, put it in a locker and forgot about it.

Topjimmy

Reaction score
I have a long boot for my Bimini top and frame that keeps it rolled up (collapsed) when not in use but it is longer and is Zippered but that is a possibility

Fishtales

Reaction score
The snaps look to be female on both ends. I'm guessing some sort of extension canvas piece that covers a section of rolled eisenglass for storage?

Jim wick

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Last owner was not sure about anything. I have the Bimini cover on. With the opposing straps it does seem to wrap around something.

On another note I have the full Bimini/canvas in pretty good shape that I may sell if someone wants it. I don’t think I will ever use it. It’s jut getting stored on the boat/storage. I hate to part with it but I’ll never use it. Thanks again.

Willy-C

Reaction score
The Bimini has two hooks just under the front splash well, that cover snaps between the front splash well to the deck to protect the Bimini while in those hooks.

Willy-C

Reaction score
My upgraded rod holders are covering 2 of the snaps, but you can see the hooks and snaps on the deck where it goes.

Attachments

• 1E1EFD9E-229C-473F-A9FC-AE8706AC970E.jpeg
    1E1EFD9E-229C-473F-A9FC-AE8706AC970E.jpeg
    648.3 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Zebulon

Jim wick

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
I think you nailed it buddy. I will go look for the 8 snaps on the boat. I don’t remember them but I looks right on. Your transom is different but the concept is the same.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
As previously mentioned, it goes aft center and provides a level of coverage for the bimini when it's stowed underneath the motor well.

Jim wick

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
So yes, that IS what it is for. Problem is my boat has no snaps to receive it. If anyone out there wants this one I will give it away for the cost of shipping.
cheers, jim
253-732-3756