Mystery Items on my 282

seasick

Reaction score
Trim tab unit for sure but the pump could be fresh water as opposed to raw. The fresh water setups usually have a filter screen that you see attached to the pump

Reactions: A&J Outdoors

seasick

Reaction score
If you look closely, it is a model 2088-. Those are generally potable water pumps. In addition, there is a tee fitting on the output hose and is pretty common for fresh water distribution to two devices like a sink and a aft shower spray

A&J Outdoors

Reaction score
Website
www.outdoorslivecrew.com
Model
Sailfish
If you look closely, it is a model 2088-. Those are generally potable water pumps. In addition, there is a tee fitting on the output hose and is pretty common for fresh water distribution to two devices like a sink and a aft shower spray
Yeah. Dug a little deeper, it is fresh water for the sinks. Thanks everyone for the input.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Mine has the same setup , The pump is the fresh water, just replaced mine last year, The black box is the trim tabs

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
i have a 2003 330 Express. Factory used the Pro-Blaster 2088's for both washdown and fresh water, adding an accumulator tank to the freshwater system. You can find the manufacture date at the bottom right of the pump (can't quite make yours out).

I just changed my 2003 pumps out yesterday with new pumps. The original pumps were still working fine, but I thought 20 years was good enough :cool:. The freshwater Shurflo Aqua King pump now does not require an accumulator.

Looks like your Bennett trim tab pump is OK on fluid - wipe the front side clean and you'll see a fluid level mark on the front. Uses regular automotive ATF fluid to fill. Plenty of info on YouTube about servicing the system.