Mystery Part

Grey56

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
There is a lock lever bit I also insert a hunk of wood. The motor without the tilt rod attached scares me. Also note that if you try to manually lift he motor off of the stop with the level turned off, as you lower the motor, it gets heavier and heavier. It is not a one person operation.
This is true - but don't you think the lock lever will help keep it suspended long enough to replace the motor/harness?

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grey, I have had rusting issues with the tt motor on my Yamah T8. After removing twice cleaning sanding and repainting (fairly thick housing so you get a few rust coatings before perforation) I wrapped the motor in a RV product tape, Eternabond Appears to have put a stop to the ongoing rusting issue. Not sure why the T8 has the issue and not the F200. Anyway something to consider going forward so you don't have a tt repeat rustarama. p.s. Fairly expensive, but you can purchase it at a RV dealer by the foot. p.p.s If your partner has vocal tendencies that at time can be disruptive to your train of thought .......it may also work in that situation....just have not gone there myself so have no history to relate. And of course , no offence intended .

Last edited: