Navigation lights 1995 208 Adventure

Greatadventure208

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a 95 208 Adventure. The previous owner took exceptional care of this vessel but it needs a little TLC. The navigation light switch seems to work fine as the gauge lamps light as well as the windshield post lamp, but the port and starboard lamps do not light. I removed them from their mounts and there is indeed some mild corrosion( pale green crust ). My question is would this be enough to prevent them from lighting ?

Greatadventure208

Reaction score
Instead of just cleaning and resealing these, I have decided to replace them with the Attwood LED navigation lights. I heard that these work very well as replacements and will likely outlast the boat.

Greatadventure208

Reaction score
Well, I replaced the navigation lights but they still don't work. I have power at the switch and the wires have continuity. However the wires that run along the starboard interior, run through the anchor locker and have two splices. one with spade connections and the other a simple splice. I think I may have a short and am going to check the ground and positive (gray) separately tomorrow. Any thoughts ?

Greatadventure208

Reaction score
Had a friend come and help check the neutral and hot wires to the bow. It turns out that wires to the bow had been fixed once before and the grey (neutral) wire had a short in it at the splice where it had been repaired. After running a new wire with great difficulty, I now have power out to the bow and operational navigation lights. Is this a frequent problem ?