NE Boat Show

Fishtales

Reaction score
Took in the show after work today. My thoughts:
- Lots of center consoles and dual console (aka bow riders) in the show.
- GW had a great display. Even had the Marlin there.
- Boats seem divided into 2 groups. One is the smaller 18-24 range no cabins mostly targeted at entry level boaters. Still on the expensive side if you ask me.
- The second group is larger 30-38 range which had very large price tags. I sense a bifurcation of the industry that will be a boon for folks with the mid size boats selling used but ultimately may do damage to the business model of growing people to larger boats. There will be chasm to cross that many won't be able to. That being said, maybe there are enough high end buyers out there to keep it rolling.

Now for the Grady pricing. There appeared to be additional specific dealer incentives (had to do your best negotiating) and a Free two year warranty on the motors. I'm assuming that means a 4 year total warranty.
275 Freedom: $248.5K
307 Freedom: $403.9K
306 Canyon: $345.4K
375 Freedom: $1008.9K
300 Marlin with twin 300s: $432.9K
Now I know things are expensive, but wondering how many people would release that amount of jing on a boat. If you are serious about a new boat, share your thoughts on the topic.

Reactions: Gmack76

hooked on Grady

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Those numbers make me look a lot less crazy, imo. 100% there will be nothing left untouched and I will still be better off as there is no generational wealth coming my way. :)

tbuss

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
I was at the show today and got a couple more price points:
Freedom 335: $807k retail, $726k show (-10%)
Freedom 325: $502k retail, $477k show (-5%)

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
306 Canyon: $345.4K ................. YIKES!!

There aren't many options available on the the 306, but I am curious........

Did it have any options on it (Helm Master, battery charger, forward casting platform, forward seating back rests, bow thruster, electronics: RADAR VHF, etc.)?

Fishtales

Reaction score
Just took shots of the boards. Didn't really look hard at them as my buddy is not interested in a GW. Doesn't matter, at these prices they can keep em!

Attachments

• IMG_7475[1].JPG
    IMG_7475[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7477[1].JPG
    IMG_7477[1].JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7479[1].JPG
    IMG_7479[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 69

tbuss

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 325
Most of the Grady’s were loaded with options, although none had electronics, radar, etc. It seems like Grady has made many items that were options as standard equipment now. So at least you’re getting something with that enormous MSRP?

Reactions: Pat Hurley

Fishtales

Reaction score
Yea I guess but even with the recent rise in prices and inflation in general, the prices see steep. Hopefully they continue to sell them.

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Just took shots of the boards. Didn't really look hard at them as my buddy is not interested in a GW. Doesn't matter, at these prices they can keep em!
Holy Moly .... without a doubt those prices would dictate, or give the impression that if you own one in good shape it should fetch a good dollar should you decide to sell.

Interest rates ?? Certainly one would think that would have an impact. Geez

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
I'll have to skip on the boat but I would take the free 2 yr warranty. Seriously, if you have to pay $400k for the boat the warranty is not free!

Reactions: Pat Hurley

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Those prices are crazy, I bought my first house just over 6.5 years ago for $325k and have absolutely no interest in having a second "mortgage" on top of that. I purchased my boat back in late September of 2021 for $26.5k, which the payment on my boat loan is right around $350 a month and is quite manageable.

Pat Hurley

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
My guess is we’ll see those same sticker prices at the Atlantic City show

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
^^at least at AC, you have a chance to win enough to buy the boat!!!!

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Regarding the craziness of the pricing....

The largest transfer of wealth via inheritance in history started a few years ago. The beneficiaries of that transfer are middle aged to late 60s or early 70s and have children/grandchildren. They want to spend time with the kids and enjoy life. Many of these people were already part of the mass affluent "class". They have lots and lots of disposal income and assets. They have been and are going to continue to spend, spend, spend.

Boomers and Gen-Xers are spending. They saw their parents live frugally and don't want to live the same way.

Anecdotal evidence: I am the youngest of all the first cousins whose parents were born in the 1920s. The first cousins range in age from 70s (boomers) to 56 (with me being the youngest; GenX). All of the prior generation parents/aunts/uncles) has passed away. Despite all having depression era parents, virtually all of us cousins live/spend much differently than our parents did. To be sure, most of us had better careers due to changes in the the makeup of workplace, college degrees, double incomes, etc. This is DITTO for friends and acquaintances.

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
Those prices make $50k for new motors look like peanuts!

Funny you should write that... I was just thinking that at the stratospheric new boat prices (even with a significant discount), it may now be the situation that refitting older boats time has come. There is show called Florida Dream Boat. On the show, they do complete renovations and resto-mods. I would think lot work can be done for $100k - $200k.