Need a new teak door

prostock

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Hello,

I have an 89 tournament 19 boat that the teak door is rotted away. I read about a place that makes custom doors but wondered if there are any other alternatives?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You might get lucky (using the word "might" very generously there) get lucky and find a salvaged boat (google for marine slavage yards) or possibly someone selling parts on ebay.

Are you sure it's actually rotten? It's very rare for teak to rot. However, it can get grey and crackly looking. But in most cases, a good cleaning, sometimes a sanding, is all it needs.

prostock

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Its literally falling apart. I am assuming its teak. I'll get a picture when I get a chance. Is it possible to still be available from Grady White?

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Highly, highly doubt it. It would have to be something they have sitting on a back shelf somewhere. Besides, they've gone to using HDPE (plastic/starboard) doors. And that would be something to consider - having it made out of HDPE. I think I recall seeing teak, louvered door "kits" that you can get - then cut to size.

If the wood is solid, but just coming apart at the joints, you may be able to reassemble/glue.

Fishtales

Reaction score

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
try Boat Outfitters. They can pretty much make anything, but usually out of Starboard.
Many people use them to reproduce old teak pieces in Starboard. I had them reproduce some teak rod holder racks on my 1989 Sailfish.