Need a Swim Platform for 265 Express

weatherguage

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Hi Folks,

I Just bought a 2000 265 Express and it doesn't have a swim platform. Wondering what others have done in the absence of the platform; Add one, get an over the side boarding ladder? If you did add one, any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance!

Finest Kind

Reaction score
I bought one of these:
and installed it on the port side of my outboard bracket using SS through-bolts / nuts and SS washers. (bought separately)

VERY pleased with the unit. Heavy duty, well built and solid....it even holds me (280 lbs) with no problem!

weatherguage

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I bought one of these:
and installed it on the port side of my outboard bracket using SS through-bolts / nuts and SS washers. (bought separately)

VERY pleased with the unit. Heavy duty, well built and solid....it even holds me (280 lbs) with no problem!

So the lower side of the port transom, to get up and then walking through the drop down transom wall for entry?

SeaVee

Reaction score
Love to see some pics, my 01 doesn’t have one. We use the over the side folding ladders and they trash the bolsters

SeaVee

Reaction score
Taking a closer look at the pics, not sure that will work on the 265 transom since there is no bracket on the 265

weatherguage

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Taking a closer look at the pics, not sure that will work on the 265 transom since there is no bracket on the 265
I’m thinking this is my best bet but pricy:

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
1603835792124.png On my 265 I bring one of these folding portable ladders (over the gunnel) for when we pull tubers. People have a much easier time with it than on my old boat trying to use the little swim platform ladder near the motor.
It takes up a lot of room so I don't always carry it. I've thought about the Armstrong style in previous post. I would probably put mount on gunnel not transom.(might need 5 step collapsable)

jbusch21

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
We bought out 2002 265 express two years ago, and we went with this model and mounted on port side transom next to the engines. We just climb over the back side to get back in the boat, not through the folding engine compartment door. It's worked well so far, no issues with it. Before that we had bought a four rung ladder as mentioned above, but when I pulled the boat to have some work done we added this as well. The ladder tends to get in the way.

I'm a bit tied up at the moment but if I get around to it this afternoon I'll try to get a picture.

weatherguage

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
We bought out 2002 265 express two years ago, and we went with this model and mounted on port side transom next to the engines. We just climb over the back side to get back in the boat, not through the folding engine compartment door. It's worked well so far, no issues with it. Before that we had bought a four rung ladder as mentioned above, but when I pulled the boat to have some work done we added this as well. The ladder tends to get in the way.

I'm a bit tied up at the moment but if I get around to it this afternoon I'll try to get a picture.
Thanks for the input. When you say the ladder tends to get in the way you meant the 4 rung pole ladder?

Little KaTuna

Reaction score
Model
Express 265

that is the same ladder I have on my 2005 265 exp works good

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
there are two styles of those...either both support bars up or one up/one down(below water line)

The latter type makes for easier entry to the motorwell but you have to put a hole below waterline.

grady_22

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I Just bought a 2000 265 Express and it doesn't have a swim platform. Wondering what others have done in the absence of the platform; Add one, get an over the side boarding ladder? If you did add one, any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance!

Not sure if you ended up deciding on a solution for this, but I actually have a swim platform I removed from my 265 that I would be willing to sell if you are interested. I will send you some pictures.

SeaVee

Reaction score
If he is not interested I am, where are you located?

SeaVee

Reaction score
I am interested if your deal falls thru let me know