Need Advice on Main Circuit Breaker Replacement (30A)

HMBJack

Reaction score
2006 330 Express

My Main Circuit Breaker & Galvanic Isolator up under the starboard stern gunnel are ready for replacement.

Has anyone done this? and any advice as to what type of breaker to use?

Since it is a wet environment, I was thinking of something like this from Blue Seas:

As to the Galvanic Isolator - not sure what it does and how to replace it. Thoughts?

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not sure what you currently have but I used that model to replace my prior breaker (see photo). Just measure your terminals. I believe that model has 1/4in studs and the next one up was 5/16 . Unfortunately, I had to modify my terminal as it didn’t fit either and I didn’t have the tools to replace it on me.

Attachments

• 0E166AC4-FFD4-4D68-A3EC-3CCF92BFE782.jpeg
    0E166AC4-FFD4-4D68-A3EC-3CCF92BFE782.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
not 100% sure, but i think the breaker is double pole. you should be able to find the proper replacement. call GW customer service and they should be able to tell you what is there. and the one that comes up when i click your link is a DC breaker.

good luck, ron

HMBJack

Reaction score
Yes, thank you - I realized afterwards that the Blue Seas one I looked at is a DC Breaker (not AC).

I think i will call GW Customer Service and see what they are putting in the new 330's.

My preference is to relocate the Breaker to a less wet location - like down in the area where the Generator is.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
again, not sure but i think there is a strict requirement about where the breaker needs to be in relation to the inlet. ron

Reactions: HMBJack

seasick

Reaction score
again, not sure but i think there is a strict requirement about where the breaker needs to be in relation to the inlet. ron

11.10.2.8.3 Additional Overcurrent Protection - If the location of the main shore power disconnect circuit breaker is in excess of 10 feet (three meters) from the shore power inlet or the electrical attachment point of a permanently installed shore power cord, additional fuses or circuit breakers shall be provided within 10 feet (three meters) of the inlet or attachment point to the electrical system of the boat. Measurement is made along the conductors.