Need footrest on center cosole

nightfighter

Reaction score
1993 Escape 209 Leaning post/tackle option. I moved the unit aft one inch to make passing between it and wheel easier. But now my short legs have nothing to rest against when I get up on the leaning post. (not that the post is deep enough anyway, so you need the foot rest to brace yourself) Anyone have an aftermarket footrest design? The newer models all have a footrest molded into the deck now..... Haven't contacted Grady yet.

(FWIW I'm 5'10' and 185lbs.)

nightfighter

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I've come to think maybe I could build a box of teak or mahogany, custom fit to the width of the console. That way I could get the height and angle exactly how I want it. I would be mounting it in front of a storage access door which hinges from the bottom. So I am searching for hardware that will allow me to slide the box down into the receiving pieces, which would be mounted either side of the door. That way it is a gravity fit, and can be easily lifted out for access to the storage compartment. Given the depth of the console dash, it will not be in the way.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
nightfighter said:
Thanks for the reply. I've come to think maybe I could build a box of teak or mahogany, custom fit to the width of the console. That way I could get the height and angle exactly how I want it. I would be mounting it in front of a storage access door which hinges from the bottom. So I am searching for hardware that will allow me to slide the box down into the receiving pieces, which would be mounted either side of the door. That way it is a gravity fit, and can be easily lifted out for access to the storage compartment. Given the depth of the console dash, it will not be in the way.

Unfortunally, this is what i have to buit on every boat i buy(i'm kinda shorty), but works out great for me cause this where i store my extra dock lines, crc spray cans, ring free, stratron, etc etc. So, yes, is a great idea. I built mine out of 1/2" plywood, then glass it inside and out, but that's kinda heavy, the last one i built was made out of 3/4 exterior plywood painted to match the Grady interior which was (i think) antique white. Make sure you glue a piece of carpet on top of it cause it gets very slippery.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Oh, at the bottom i screw those big(1"diameter) rubber feet, they have a hole in the middle so you can use a #8X3/4" with a washer in it. That way you have some space under it for water to go thru and be able to clean under it.