Need fuse/breaker help

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
fuse.jpg
Can anyone tell me the amp rating on the push button breaker on the top of the bilge switches??

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think need to know spec on your bilge pump. To correct match a fuse.

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
I already know the Rule 2000 bilge pump is rated at 8.4 amps and is matched to a 15 amp fuse (which comes in line).
My question is what is the amp rating of this push-button breaker already installed on my panel?

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Ah I see. If it oem pump should be rated to handle.. Otherwise need to look at the panel schematic to see what the rating is.of the breaker. Grady white should have the spec on Their website
Under owner manual.. Hope that helps.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Aside from what was mentioned above by just looking in your manual (or downloading it)... Dude, you have like what, six little phillips head screws to remove so you can pull the panel and physically look at the breaker? :) It'll take you less time to do that than it took all of us to make these 5 posts! Again... :)

Reactions: SkunkBoat

seasick

Reaction score
Pull off the rubber cap and see if the rating is stamped on the actual plastic button. If not it will most likely be on the breaker but to see if, you will have to remove it.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Pull off the rubber cap and see if the rating is stamped on the actual plastic button. If not it will most likely be on the breaker but to see if, you will have to remove it.
Can't say I've ever looked there for that. Not that removing a few screws to tile the panel out is hard, but that's a good tip!

Bloodweiser

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
If you dont have an owners manual for your specific boat. You can download it for free from the Grady website. You should have a copy of this anyways . Many questions can be answered from having a manual about your boat and a lot of good info is in it as well..

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
Actually the rubber caps only detach from the back part of the panel. I did take off the panel and it was a 10 amp.
I did not want to rely on the manual because the breaker may have been changed so this was the best way to go...
Thanks all..

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I did not want to rely on the manual because the breaker may have been changed so this was the best way to go...
Thanks all..
That's a good thought, but it's got a flaw. IF it was changed, it could have been changed and the wrong sized breaker put in there - for example, an oversized breaker. The end result is that it no longer protects the wiring as it should and could lead to a fire. So, really, you should double check the design of the system and make sure the proper breaker is there. Chances are it's correct - but the reasoning behind your thought is actually backwards.

Surely Bassey

Reaction score
Good info.
Will do...
Although I believe 10 amp is the smallest breaker and would never be oversized with any existing wiring....