Need help from any 330 owners that replaced their A/C units

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 2002 330 with the original A/C unit. For the past 5-6 years I have been nursing it along and it has served me well. Now it is time to replace it but, obviously, this model is no longer available.

If any 330 owners have changed out their A/C units I would like to know what brand and model you went with. I’m hoping to find a plug and play replacement that fits into the footprint of my current system.

Thanks to the forum members for your continued assistance.

Jeff

kirk a

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I did not change out the AC unit, but did replace the pump. Was able to get essentially the same pump. The replacement job was not bad for 2 wires, and 4 bolts...LOL waaaaaaaaaaay down deep in the bilge. Might try contacting Grady to see if you can get the manufacturer/model of the stock unit.

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
AC on my 2003 is still going strong. I did call an AC tech this year who cleaned filters and checked settings. I didn't have to replace the Taylor-Made water pump but I do know that the replacement pump is made by March Pumps - virtually identical to the Taylor-Made unit - March Pump Assy LC-3CP-MD 115V. Available from a variety of marine dealers and even Amazon. Costs +/- $400.

jip40

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I did not change out the AC unit, but did replace the pump. Was able to get essentially the same pump. The replacement job was not bad for 2 wires, and 4 bolts...LOL waaaaaaaaaaay down deep in the bilge. Might try contacting Grady to see if you can get the manufacturer/model of the stock unit.
AC on my 2003 is still going strong. I did call an AC tech this year who cleaned filters and checked settings. I didn't have to replace the Taylor-Made water pump but I do know that the replacement pump is made by March Pumps - virtually identical to the Taylor-Made unit - March Pump Assy LC-3CP-MD 115V. Available from a variety of marine dealers and even Amazon. Costs +/- $400.
I’ve replaced the water pump a couple of times over the 12 years I’ve owned the boat, right now the water pump is working fine it is the A/C unit itself that isn’t.

In 2015 I started having issues with the fan not starting up when the compressor came on, the system would then shutdown. I figured the fan needed to be replaced and had a Dometic tech out to get it up and running. One would think replacing the fan should be relatively easy, no so as the fan is not bolted to the unit it is welded and the only way to replace it is by replacing the entire A/C unit. Dometic corrected this on newer systems.

The tech cut an “inspection port” in the plastic defuser over the fan output and sprayed lubricant onto the fan to see if it would allow the fan to turn. It worked and for the past 8 years I have kept it going by spraying it every few months. I haven’t heard of anyone else having this problem but if anyone is, this is an easy way to get it working.

Reactions: kirk a