Need help with Fuses on 209 Escape

rda323

Reaction score
Just purchased a 98' escape and love it. The running lights and bilge are not working, i figured I would check the fuses but having trouble finding the fuse box. I located the one under the panel but that one looks to run fishfinder,GPS ETc and not bilge,Running lights and other accesories. Flood lights, Livewell, and most other accesories work well. I guess my question is, Must the panel be removed to access the fuse panel? I hope someone can help me out. Also, do these boat uses bus fuses or regular fuses that fit into a car?

fishermanaddict

Reaction score
Ialso have1999 209 Escape. Those switches don't have fuse, It's use circuit breaker.
Your boat should have the circuit breaker next to each on/off switch for pump,nag light , and acc. It look like black rubber knob, Just push in it should reset. Call me if you have further question 714-908-6212

rda323

Reaction score
Thanks, I may take you up on the call. I tried pushing the breakers. Not sure but a couple might be bad. When I push the bilge breaker and turn it on it immediately pops out like a short or something but the pump is old an needs replacing so I plan to do that. Also, the nav light breaker does not seem to engage. Does this mean they need replacing and Have you done this? Any advice.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
I have a 98' 208, the original switches & breakers themselves have started going bad one by one. You can pull off the panel and check the voltage on the backside with a meter. I plan on replacing the panel when I get the time. Should have started it last week when the wind picked up, looks like this weekend will be blown out also.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Those breakers are known to fail fairly reliably at that age. :cry:

Your marine supply has replacements. Yes, easy testing on the backside with a test light or mulitmeter.

rda323

Reaction score
I did solve the problem and I realle appreciate the advice. I also bought a couple extra breakers to have on board as these things go out. Glad to be part of the forum.