Need input on 98 272 Sailfish Yamaha Binnacle/throttle.

Jitrag

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Purchaed the boat in May of 2018. The throttles seem loose and at WOT I get 5500 rpm from the port engine and 4500 rpm from the starboard. In addition, the throttles are touchy when trying to synch the engines.

Do I replace the the throttle binnacle or does it need adjusting?

They work but not to my liking.

Thanks

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I find my throttles very touchy when trying to sync them also. I replaced the cables due to one breaking last season and there was no change after as far as syncing the motors. There is very little adjustment otherwise. If they are the original OX66's, under the cowl there is a plastic linkage piece with an arrow in the middle. The bolt should be lined up in the neutral position. I did some research a few years ago and the uneven throttles seem to be nature of the beast, but if you find anything more out I sure would be interested!

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
I too had one OX66 throttle "behind" the other. Though it was cable adjustment or prop. Turned out to be a disconnected ignition coil on one cylinder! Not the plug wire the other wire hidden under the cover.
Ran the boat for a season...found a perfectly clean spark plug doing maintenance...ding!