Need Insurance Recommendation

JJF

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
^^^I have SeaInsure (via NH Insurance via AIG).

I have an email out to SeaInsure regarding how far from land my coverage is in effect. I could not find a reference to a specific distance from shore (e.g. 10, 20, 30 miles). I will provide an update when I hear back from them.

Update: according to the person I spoke with at SeaInsure, there isn't a distance offshore limit on my policy (YMMV).

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
I have State Farm for my homeowners, three cars, a golf cart and my Fisherman 236. I think the boat is around $800 a year. Great service on the homeowners and the car insurance, but our agent is a personal friend. No claims on the boat. I would recommend.

blynch

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I'm also in CT. Switched from Geico to Travelers last year. Even adding on the $200/yr BoatUS insurance on top of my Travelers bill (that had been included with Geico) I think I saved like 25-30%.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
I left Boat US after Grieco and rate insanity on a different boat.
Current boat with State Farm together with most of the stuff, cars, motorcycles umbrella but not home where hurricane coverage drives rates insane.
Also boat is agreed value while not expecting total loss but covered up to a reasonable amount.

Shop and determine what risk you are willing to take on yourself. But make sure all liabilities are covered.

H