need shower hose for head in cabin

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The fitting at the end of the shower hose cracked and it leaking under the sink when I turn the faucet on. The plastic hose is about 4 or 5 feet long with two threaded fittings at each end that are about 9/16" in diameter. The diameter of this hose is about 1/2". It is an assembly with the two fittings and I need to replace it. Is this a standard RV type of item I should be able to find somewhere or will I have to visit my Grady dealer?

Thanks,
-Scott

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Is this a "PEX" type line? Regardless, you may be able to find the items you need at a hardware store and makeup the line yourself. Could also try freshwatersystems.com. Can you post a picture?

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here is a photo - the fitting at the end I am holding is cracked. I am assuming I will have to replace the hose. I wouldn't mind upgrading to a SS hose and showerhead if it will fit onto my existing plumbing.

[Photo deleted due to quota]

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Ah, OK. I was thinking it was a supply hose, not the actual faucet hose.

Cheapie way: screw the fitting back on and secure with a hose clamp around the fitting.

In between: take the fitting to a hardware store and verify the size. Often times they have a display setup where you can physically try the fitting on various male pieces. Then get a barb to female pipe fitting. Cut the hose and use a hose clamp to secure the b-p fitting.

Next up: after you verify the size, go ahead and get a nicer looking one.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
DennisG01 said:
Ah, OK. I was thinking it was a supply hose, not the actual faucet hose.

Cheapie way: screw the fitting back on and secure with a hose clamp around the fitting.

In between: take the fitting to a hardware store and verify the size. Often times they have a display setup where you can physically try the fitting on various male pieces. Then get a barb to female pipe fitting. Cut the hose and use a hose clamp to secure the b-p fitting.

Next up: after you verify the size, go ahead and get a nicer looking one.

I did the Cheapie way by superglueing the crack and wrapping with electrical tape and it is holding for the moment but I am afraid to tighten all the way or the crack will open. I hadn't thought of the barb-to-female pipe fitting - that opens up more possibilities. I found this one on Ebay but am not ready to fork over $110.

Grady-White Boats Chrome Faucet for Sink / Shower
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grady-White-Boa ... 5f&vxp=mtr

Thanks,
-Scott

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Forgot to add... most boats use standard 1/2" plumbing fittings - just like under your kitchen sink. So, I shouldn't of said "pipe" fitting since that's slightly different. Although, often times a pipe thread will work. Either way, I think something quick and easy from a hardware store should work. Good luck!

Yeah, I wouldn't be to fond of that chrome one, either. Besides, the chrome (plastic) will start to wear away and eventually look worse than the white plastic. If you wanted, you could pick up a can of Krylon Fusion plastic paint and paint the shower head.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I ended up finding the hose I needed on Ebay for $14.88

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RV-Marine-60-Fl ... 68&vxp=mtr

I haven't installed it yet but it looks like it will work. The interesting thing, however, is that it came in a package marked Amazon and it said "gift" on the outside of the package. I wasn't expecting anything form Amazon and asked my wife and she wasn't either. I open the package and there is the hose with an Amazon "gift" receipt :huh . It eventually occurred to me that the Ebay seller was marking up Amazon items and listing them on Ebay, and then "gifting" directly from Amazon to his Ebay customers :wow

I searched for the item on Amazon and found it for $8.93 with free shipping for Prime members :bang

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... e%20(White)

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It turns out the RV/marine hose I got from EBay is not the right thread. The shower head has some non-standard looking threads as seen in the photo and nothing at the hardware store or local RV supply matches them. Does anyone recognize this thread type? (You may have to click on the photo to see the whole thing.) It's about 9/16ths in diameter and the threads are square rather then V shaped.

Thanks,
-Scott

Attachments

• shower_head_thread.JPG
    shower_head_thread.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 2,929