need to know 1977 overnighter weight for new trailer

jack dooley

Reaction score
Need to know boat weight of vintage 1977 Grady Overnighter to purchase a new trailer for it. The dealer said he could not find weight specs for it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
jack dooley said:
Need to know boat weight of vintage 1977 Grady Overnighter to purchase a new trailer for it. The dealer said he could not find weight specs for it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

Download an archived brochure from Grady's website. Don't forget to add for gear, fuel, water, batteries and any adjustment for your engine.

seasick

Reaction score
jack dooley said:
That was fun to research.
The 77 Overnighter hull weighs 2200 pounds. For a 2 stroke motor assume 500 pounds with prop. It could be more for a big motor or a bit less for a smaller 2 stroke. Add typical load of gas at approx 6 pounds per gallon and water at 7 pounds. Add something for gear. Then add 15% for safety margin and you will get a reasonable weight that the trailer should be rated for.