NEED TO MOVE 30' MARLIN- SHIP OR TRAILER

Biscayne208

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am the proud new owner of a 300 Marlin. It is up in North Florida and I am in South Florida. Do any of you have any shipper recommendations or know of any trailer rental places down here in South Florida?

It does not have a trailer.

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
I used Mark Harrison out of Miami. He towed my 265 from Melbourne to San Francisco. Great guy. Give him a ring at 954-297-1880. Congrats on the new boat! Forgot to mention he has his own trailer that will fit your boat.

Biscayne208

Reaction score
VeroWing said:
OR, you could run down the intercoastal or nearshore for a nice maiden voyage.

That would be nice. However it would be 400+ miles which on this boat equals to 400+- gallons of fuel and 8 gallons of oil. That would get real expensive real quick!

Biscayne208

Reaction score
TUNAHUNTER197 said:
I used Mark Harrison out of Miami. He towed my 265 from Melbourne to San Francisco. Great guy. Give him a ring at 954-297-1880. Congrats on the new boat! Forgot to mention he has his own trailer that will fit your boat.

Thanks TUNAHUNTER. Spoke to Mark and he will be moving the boat for me in early May. Thanks for the referral!!!

Heres a picture of the new to me girl.

Attachments

• marlin1.jpg
    marlin1.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 3,070

fischer

Reaction score
Awesome boat! You're going to love that Marlin...

TUNAHUNTER197

Reaction score
Biscayne208 said:
Thanks TUNAHUNTER. Spoke to Mark and he will be moving the boat for me in early May. Thanks for the referral!!!.

Great, glad it worked out. There's not to many reliable transporters out there, and he definitely falls into the reliable category. Enjoy her, she sure looks pretty!

ocnslr

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Biscayne208 said:
VeroWing said:
OR, you could run down the intercoastal or nearshore for a nice maiden voyage.

That would be nice. However it would be 400+ miles which on this boat equals to 400+- gallons of fuel and 8 gallons of oil. That would get real expensive real quick!

If those are OX66's you would be fortunate to get 50:1 for oil use.

We bought our Islander new with a single 250HP OX66 and put 465 hrs on it in the first three seasons. Very reliable, very powerful, and very thirsty. Loved gas and oil..

Congrats on the Marlin. We've always wanted one..

Brian

Biscayne208

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind words gents. She is beautiful. In almost Bristol condition. I am so excited I cant sleep!

Slacktime

Reaction score
I used Greg's Aqua Toys to transport my Marlin from Massachusetts to North Carolina. He is a very professional Driver/mover and has a specially equipped trailer that can handle your Marlin and more. The boat arrived without any scratches and in the same condition that I shipped it. Here is his contact information:

Greg Chin
1910 Sykes Creek Drive
Merritt Island, FL, 32953
Phone : 321-863-8697
Fax : 321-806-4177
gregchinn@aol.com

Good luck with the new boat, you will enjoy it.