Need to replace throttle cables ?

fishone

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size I would need to get? 1995 22 seafarer w/ 95 Yamaha 200 hp. I know that there are numbers printed on them but boat is tucked away and tough to get too.

seasick

Reaction score
fishone said:
Can anyone tell me what size I would need to get? 1995 22 seafarer w/ 95 Yamaha 200 hp. I know that there are numbers printed on them but boat is tucked away and tough to get too.
Call Grady support. They will look it up but keep in mind that sometimes they are wrong.

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
What I did in the past assuming the inside cable broke is to remove the both ends leaving the exterior as a future snake for the new cable. measure the length of the interior cable.

BigI

Reaction score
I just had the same question for my boat. I sent grady customer service an email. They responded right away! Unbelievable support for a 30 year old boat.

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
1991 Seafarer on a bracket has 22' cables, just replaced them in the fall. I tried pulling the new ones through with the old ones, but it didn't work out well. The rigging tubes are pretty well done, so if you pull out the old ones completely the new cables should feed right through. I didn't love the turns and bends in the dash, but I followed how the factory ones were and it works fine, they just seemed tight at first.

seasick

Reaction score
Fire93Medic said:
1991 Seafarer on a bracket has 22' cables, just replaced them in the fall. I tried pulling the new ones through with the old ones, but it didn't work out well. The rigging tubes are pretty well done, so if you pull out the old ones completely the new cables should feed right through. I didn't love the turns and bends in the dash, but I followed how the factory ones were and it works fine, they just seemed tight at first.

It may help to tie a drag line (rope) to the end of the old cable when pulling it out. Then use that rope to help pull the new cable.