Negotiating new 2023 Freedom 235-need help

jep1

Reaction score
The Freedom 275 was available at the Annapolis Boat Show recently for $230K, the 307 for $360K, and the 375 for $999K ( o_O ). These prices were all about 15% off MSRP. Boat show prices have some factory subsidy but I think you can reasonably aim for 10% off and refuse to pay any more than 5% off.
Thanks so much for the Boat Show prices! I pulled the trigger last Friday on the Freedom 235 and added an electronics package, trolling motor, Power pole etc and negotiated 10% off which now I feel is a fair deal.

Without this kind of information, I would keep thinking maybe they took me to the cleaners. They are waiting for the trolling motor to come in and I can bring her home hopefully before the weekend.

Thanks again for the help!

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
The Freedom 275 was available at the Annapolis Boat Show recently for $230K, the 307 for $360K, and the 375 for $999K ( o_O ). These prices were all about 15% off MSRP. Boat show prices have some factory subsidy but I think you can reasonably aim for 10% off and refuse to pay any more than 5% off.
I love Grady, but $1M for a 37 foot boat seems absolutely absurd.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
A $1M house to me seems rather absurd... of which I don't even know what word I'd use to describe a $1M boat.
You can get a LOT of boat for $1M. Would never spend that much on a bowrider.

rocketguy88

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Thanks so much for the Boat Show prices! I pulled the trigger last Friday on the Freedom 235 and added an electronics package, trolling motor, Power pole etc and negotiated 10% off which now I feel is a fair deal.

Without this kind of information, I would keep thinking maybe they took me to the cleaners. They are waiting for the trolling motor to come in and I can bring her home hopefully before the weekend.

Thanks again for the help!
What kind of trolling motor did you get? I have a 236 Fisherman with an 84" Rhodan, but will sell the Rhodan and buy the 90" Garmin Force Kraken as soon as it's available. I love my Rhodan, but the Force Kraken will allow me to interface/control it from my Garmin chartplotter.

Gone Coastal

Reaction score
Model
Coastal Explorer 281
Well, relax and wait till you get the final price.
Then you see what discount you will get and make a reasonable counter offer.
If they accept, fine, if not, well then look somewhere else, I don't discuss anymore with dealers what I fork out a substantial but reasonable amount.

In the meantime you may look around for other dealers and/or almost new boat what can be considerable cheaper as the discount you get for a new one.
Having some more options to buy will make your lever longer to open the discount box a bit wider.

Interesting argument "sales where slow" to not give promised discount and probably the reason tat the have slow sales.

Chris

Based on a GW dealer about 90 mins from me, they wouldn't sell me a new GW and referred me to the local dealer. This was two months ago. If the dealer is following GW requirements, they can't sell outside their market. But, I know dealers don't always follow this.

rocketguy88

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
It's sometimes necessary to get a family member call another dealer and see what type of deal they can get. Especially if you have a family member in Flordia where there's lots of dealers and therefore good competition..

Munrobr

Reaction score
Model
Advance
Go to Bayside Marine in Duxbury Massachusetts. They have a 2020 257 Advance Center Console
for $145 loaded. Tell them Brad sent you.