New 1996 Grady White Islander 268 with twin 200 V6 Mercs

Fixit

Reaction score
Model
Islander
What is that green stuff? Fuel? Stabilizer?

Make sure you have new o-rings on the fuel fills. Fought same problem on mine before changing mine.
spoken like a true four stroker! that's premixed fuel/oil for the 2 stroke motors. x2 on the fill cap o rings. I had to syphon out 3 or 4 gallons of water from my tanks.

Reactions: greauxpete

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
spoken like a true four stroker! that's premixed fuel/oil for the 2 stroke motors. x2 on the fill cap o rings. I had to syphon out 3 or 4 gallons of water from my tanks.
Been decades since I had a 2-stroke! And then it was an upgrade to oil injection. When I replaced my tanks last Summer I replaced the fuel fills. Perko has added a 3/8" shim ring under the standard fuel fill. Helps to divert water around the fuel fill. Can be installed on existing fuel fill IF you can get to and loosen up the retaining screws.

Spacer.jpeg

Reactions: Sardinia306Bimini

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yep, that's 2 stroke oil. We deleted the oil injection system.
December 14, 2018. Just before Florida trip. Added fuel stabilizer after using the boat in NJ. All water in my cans except for that little bit of fuel on top. Probably ethanol-free REC 90. Pretty sure it was the o-rings that fixed it.

Attachments

• Water fuel 2.jpg
    Water fuel 2.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 9