New 23 Fisherman?

GWcpa

Reaction score
The bow flare/stem rake looks different too on second look. Yes, that is not no GS hull. 8) Or does that mean it is?

Here is a comparison of a 232S hull...?

http://www.taylormarinecenter.com/index ... e&id=6501#

Little surprised GW would spend the money on a smaller mold now since the rehabbed the 192, but glad they are moving new product down to keep the sales moving. I think this boat probably makes more sense than the new 36 CC.

bigk23surf

Reaction score
There is an article about it in The Fisherman; says 8.5 beam, 23 feet with 300hp max and 54sq ft cockpit. Also says completely new hull, its no Gulfstream.

jaydub

Reaction score
bigk23surf said:
There is an article about it in The Fisherman; says 8.5 beam, 23 feet with 300hp max and 54sq ft cockpit. Also says completely new hull, its no Gulfstream.
Maybe I'm missing something. A new hull mold is pretty costly to gain 6" in beam, 10" in length and lose 1 sq foot of cockpit space. The 222 has 8 ft beam, 55 sq ft cockpit space and 250 HP max. Maybe they'll phase out the 222.

A

Anonymous

I think its pretty ugly, esp that transom. There are those that will love it. For a few bucks more the Advance is a ton more boat, and has a rear door, something EVERY modern day fish boat should have built into it.

Bama96

Reaction score
I always wondered why the 222 Fisherman did not have a bracket. It is the same hull as the Seafarer and the 225 Tournament. Both have brackets. That boat would be so much better with a bracket and closed transom.

GWcpa

Reaction score
Nice. I like it. Lot cheaper to build without a bracket, and fishes well.

I think it will do well for GW. A new 300 on it would be a perfect match.

binmack

Reaction score
This is the boat I was waiting for from Grady.

I had two Gradys in a row before reluctantly moving to Scout for my current boat.

The 230 offers a Ski Pylon. That’s a huge thing if your kids like to wakeboard when they are not fishing. It’s also something that Gradys competition offer in their center consoles including Boston Whaler, Sailfish and Scout.

I just wish I new earlier about it.

jaydub

Reaction score
I noticed the cockpit sq footage is 58 vs. 55 for the 222. That makes more sense. Couldn't see why they would build a boat with less square footage. The draft on the 23 is 20" vs. 16" on the 222. I've really gotten to like that shallow draft on the 222 since I fish in so many shallow areas.

A

Anonymous

I think Grady tends to build boats now for woman who want to sunbath, nothing more.

Maguire208

Reaction score
So is this the death of the 222 Fisherman?

I would guess that it is the end for the 222. I also suspect that in a year or so the 226/228 will be based on this new hull. Imagine a 228 with an 8'6'' beam, an extra 6'' LOA, and 500 lbs heavier-That sounds like a winner :wink:

Bama96

Reaction score
Maguire208 said:
So is this the death of the 222 Fisherman?

I would guess that it is the end for the 222. I also suspect that in a year or so the 226/228 will be based on this new hull. Imagine a 228 with an 8'6'' beam, an extra 6'' LOA, and 500 lbs heavier-That sounds like a winner :wink:

Maybe a 235 Tournament as well?

GWcpa

Reaction score
NA2P said:
I think Grady tends to build boats now for woman who want to sunbath, nothing more.

I would agree if this was another Euro transom boat, which it isn't. You say that because it has a forward lounge insert? That's an option, as is the Frigid Rigid type cooler.

Cut transom with a flip up bench is a first I've ever seen on any model, and I think it is a great idea.

I don't know how this could be a more functional boat for fishing and cruising than it is.

Let's give GW credit for making a new model/tooling/molds/hardware/design that is not >30'. The retail boat market has changed, and they either change or go away.

I'm looking forward to my next GW, and this could be it.

yukiyu

Reaction score
Look nice. I would like to see twin engine transom. Like the old Mako 23 or Regulator 23FS.

North River Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Blue hull

I saw a 23 Fisherman @ my Dealer - it had a blue hull- It was beautiful- set up w/ a F250. Real nice looking set up. The dealer was closed- so I couldn't climb over it- but looked good through the window