New 25' Coastal Explorer

JeffN

Reaction score
Nice lines but a no forward seating option for more fishing room would be nice for me but they are not designing it for me are they. Probably sell well. Just not a lot of deck space for a 25' boat.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Has an interesting forward design arrangement, and the laybacks at the stern.

Like the hull color if it comes in a green version I'm in.

Looks like the usual below head accommodations a must for me.

Presume beam is 8ft 6in (?). What hull is hers?

Like the Yami V6 300 ponies.

Expect her to be "showing off" at the NYC Boat Show up here soon.

noXcuse

Reaction score
JeffN said:
Nice lines but a no forward seating option for more fishing room would be nice for me but they are not designing it for me are they. Probably sell well. Just not a lot of deck space for a 25' boat.
If you click on the link and scroll through the pictures, the seat cushions can be removed. That gives you a full finished fiberglass casting deck. http://gradywhite.com/251/

I'm not sure I like that bow mounted boarding ladder. Looks like it could get bent or broken of you beached the boat and had it out. I know when I beach mine, I'm there for hours. The tide changes and other boats wake would put alot of stress on that. It has plenty of rod storage though.

JeffN

Reaction score
Yes noXcuse I did see the removed cushions and the raised deck. Looks OK but not for my use, I like a bit more around me. It gets rough here and I think I would be in for a swim although there are plenty of ways to get back aboard with the ladders. It might be better with the table removed and left at home. The boat does appear to have a lot of storage space. I do like the lines of the boat, it will be interesting to see one in the flesh.

noXcuse

Reaction score
JeffN said:
Yes noXcuse I did see the removed cushions and the raised deck. Looks OK but not for my use, I like a bit more around me. It gets rough here and I think I would be in for a swim although there are plenty of ways to get back aboard with the ladders. It might be better with the table removed and left at home. The boat does appear to have a lot of storage space. I do like the lines of the boat, it will be interesting to see one in the flesh.
Yea, I'm with ya. Down here gets pretty rough too. I never understood why they call these "Bay" boats, because I live close to and fish the southern Chesapeake Bay quite regularly. It gets churned up to 3-4' choppy whitecaps all the time. Something like this would be nice on the Intercoastal Waterway. I live 2 minutes from the Elizabeth River, and something like this would be perfect there. I wouldn't buy one unless I were fishing 100% protected waterways.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Interesting. I'm not a bay fisherman, but some comments for those that are. 6" less draft than the 257 Fisherman - is that a big deal? The aft appear s to allow better fishing capabilities. Would like to see how much room in the head area. The top looks a bit thin, might be the pictures. Not sure why there isn't a factory bag under there. I'm sure there is a market for it, but it will have to compete on a different price point I would think. If I had to pic, it would be the 257 for me, but if I was in calmer shallower water, this might be the ticket.