New 300 Marlin in late March

tuxedospike

Reaction score
Took delivery of the "WarDance" in late March (07). She lives at Cape Marina in Port Canaveral on the dry bunks (so no bottom painting). This is her first launch and even though I know the Yard Bull is rated over 20K lbs. it still makes me nervous. First trip to the Gulf Stream and my daughter-in-law boated her first Wahoo (26lbs.)
DSCN1008.jpg

The Boat didn't look so big at the Dealer's yard
headon.jpg

The wife takes a turn at watchin the TR-1 do it's thing...
tuxedospike010.jpg

My son and his wife take over the old (16yrs.) HydraSports "Tuxedo Spike"
tuxedospike014.jpg

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful boat (but I am a tad biased). :D

I notice in one pix there were no rocket launchers. Did you add them?
Your boat is set up very much like mine except it appears you have the 4 ft array (6KW) while mine is the 3.5 ft 4KW. Was there any problem with the larger antenna such as the anchor light? I may do that unit on Megabytes 3. How do you like the TR1? My only complaint is the ergonomics. If they develop a head unit which looks more like Simrad or Furuno I will consider it. I have read it can hold a course at idle speed which mine cannot do in a strong crosswind.

You will love this boat. Of my three boats this is the one that after almost four years I have not looking to move up. It is as close to perfect for my needs as a boat could be. It is also the limits of what our dry stack marina can handle. Even if I could do a 330 I am not sure I like the helm and cabin as much as my 300. Someone on the board has requested a Marlin layout on a 330 hull. Now, THAT would be the ticket.

PS: Since you obviously have top shelf electronics, I suggesting getting the Standard 5" VHF extension speaker. They have way better sound that other units and allow the radio to be easily heard at full cruise speed.

tuxedospike

Reaction score
300 Marlin in March

Megabytes: Thanks for compliments...It was looking at pix of your boat and a few others that convinced me to sea trial a Marlin. Yes you're right that's a 6kw in the four foot width...had to move the anchor light back a few inches but it wasn't any big deal since the wiring is hidden by the PFD bag on the overhead. The TR-1 is a marvel...never had an AP before since so many friends had bad experiences with them...but this unit is everything they say it is. I've noticed that my Marlin is just like my old HydraSports in that it's a real pig (wallowing around) at "no wake" speeds. With the TR-1 you just turn it on and steer with the little knob on the head unit (can't tell but that square to the left of the wheel is the optional TR-1 head unit,,,the larger square, that is). We have a mile of "no wake" in Port Canaveral before we get to the Marina and she runs true and straight while on the TR-1.
Just picked up a new toy...Sirius WX for the Furuno/C-Map...am going to have to solve the overheat problem before installing though. I'll let you know how that truns out......tight lines !

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
TS... just saw this pic... I'm only 6 mos late. :D
What a great looking boat and looks like she is all business where the fish are concerned. Best of luck with her.
I echo Cummins thoughts as well. I love the 33 but happier with the Marlin helm area even though it would be nice to have a seperate dinette in the cabin. Not sure I would want to take a 30+% reduction in gas mileage either. Plus the 2008 33 just priced itself out of my range. I'll be in the Marlin for a long time.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
MEGA AND HD, You have no idea what you are missing by not having the 330 :mrgreen:

Just kidding, it's that cabin fever thing.Where is spring? :cry: :cry:

Tuxedospike, Just saw the pics too. She looks niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :D :D

HDGWJOE

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Giorgos, I think I do know what I am missing and that little boat devil is always sitting on my shoulder saying "Buy the 33" !! :(

islandfly

Reaction score
Marlin

Nice vessel, I have a few questions about the Marlin if you would be willing to speak to me give me your email address or phone number. Listed below is my contact information.

Capt. Roland Reyes
"Someday Came Fishing Charters"
Indian Rocks Bch, Florida
email: chartercaptain@tampabay.rr.com

Full Page

Reaction score
Rocket Launcher

Sent a b-mail to tux but if anyone knows where to get a rocket launcher like his in the pics please b-mail me

Thanks!
Paul

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Rocket Launcher

Full Page said:
Sent a b-mail to tux but if anyone knows where to get a rocket launcher like his in the pics please b-mail me

Thanks!
Paul

Call Grady and they will give you the number of the guy who makes them for them. The owners name is Bob(i think) Carroll.