New arm rest pads from Pompanette?

Gary M

Reaction score
My 2001 Marlin has Pompanette seats and the rubber arm rest pads are beyond cleaning. Anybody know of a good place to buy a new set other than my Grady dealer? Thanks.....

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Mine are bit dirty as well. I am going to try to remove them from my seats and soak them in bleach for a few days. Problem is they will turn black again. That material is horrible from which they are made.

Lsquared

Reaction score
i am having my bolsters redone and the guy is fixing the arm resets for 100 per seat.

Bayhouse

Reaction score
I just re-did my 2003 whole seat with SEM Vinyl Kote. Look great and since it lives mostly within an enclosure, I hope it'll last a few years.

Don't buy the eBay product, it's just the SEM re-badged (IMHO).

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
I just re-did my 2003 whole seat with SEM Vinyl Kote. Look great and since it lives mostly within an enclosure, I hope it'll last a few years.

Don't buy the eBay product, it's just the SEM re-badged (IMHO).

What color did you use?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I keep a 12-pack of these on the boat:

It takes 2 socks per seat and they absorb moisture and grime and are comfortable, not slippery like the armrests usually are, and I can wash them and re-use them. I buy the cheap version... works like a champ.... last a month or more each.. and the pack lasts years.

Here is a picture, btw:

Attachments

• IMG_3068.jpg
    IMG_3068.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My 2001 Marlin has Pompanette seats and the rubber arm rest pads are beyond cleaning. Anybody know of a good place to buy a new set other than my Grady dealer? Thanks.....
This is a picture of an easy fix hat put up last summer. A pair of women's ankle socks on one arm rest and a new expensive rubber cover on the other. They socks look great and do not have that annoying grab onto your shirt feature the rubber ones have. Buy a couple of pair and when one gets dirty just throw one n the wash.

1589810208419.png

Sharkbait282

Reaction score
I was stone cold set on making a teak or mahogany or cherry hardwood covers for the hard plastic base that lives under the horrible rubber covers . . . but then I sold my boat.

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Yea, really is the best. I mean... HUGE cost thing and, honestly... looks like it was made to be that way :p

R
The only downside is when you receive a call from your wife at work, after she has checked the credit card statement, and she is very concerned because she thinks that you are buying women's stockings for another women