New Bimini 306 owner

mlyons321

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Hello. Great forum here. Just purchased a 99 Bimini 306 with twin Verado 250’s with 800 ish hours. Can anyone give me any tips on owning this boat? It’s in great condition, just looking for some inside information. Thanks in advance!

Fishtales

Reaction score
Congrats. There is a lot of info out here. Search your model or area of interest in the various forums. In general, I find the systems quite simple in the Gradys and you usually can locate any parts you require. The dealers are very good and you can contact the factory directly via the customer link on the website. Support is very good.

Reactions: mlyons321

jminor007

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Hello. Great forum here. Just purchased a 99 Bimini 306 with twin Verado 250’s with 800 ish hours. Can anyone give me any tips on owning this boat? It’s in great condition, just looking for some inside information. Thanks in advance!

Hey Mlyons. I just bought a 2000 GW 306 Bimini and saw your post. Curious if there is anything you've learned about the boat that you could share with me? Websites, etc. Thanks in advance. Jason

mlyons321

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Hey Mlyons. I just bought a 2000 GW 306 Bimini and saw your post. Curious if there is anything you've learned about the boat that you could share with me? Websites, etc. Thanks in advance. Jason
Congrats on a great boat! I love mine. It’s a tank! 1st thing is reseal all the hatches in the engine well. Mine had bad rubber caskets and the seal around the actual plate was leaking as well. So make sure those are taken care of. My transom where the engines are mounted has a metal cap. That needed to be sealed up as well. I also added another 3000gph Bilge pump with an extra outlet 4” above the factory aft location just for peace of mind. That’s really all I had to do. It’s a great boat with lots of life left. Enjoy!!

Kggrady30

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Congrats on a great boat! I love mine. It’s a tank! 1st thing is reseal all the hatches in the engine well. Mine had bad rubber caskets and the seal around the actual plate was leaking as well. So make sure those are taken care of. My transom where the engines are mounted has a metal cap. That needed to be sealed up as well. I also added another 3000gph Bilge pump with an extra outlet 4” above the factory aft location just for peace of mind. That’s really all I had to do. It’s a great boat with lots of life left. Enjoy!!
Im looking at getting a 2002 30 Bimini w/ 300 verados. The transom cap seems to need to be sealed as well, but transom itself seems solid. No stress cracks down back or inside. Have you found any other possible issues that I may look for? Im in the same shoes you were 5 years ago so hoping you may have some insight.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 9

Fishtales

Reaction score
Looks superficial to me. Cut it out and use life seal on it. Good to go.

Legal Bill

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
I've owned my 2007 Bimini since 2016. I've put 900 hours on it. My advice: keep it clean!!