New Boat (2022) Yamaha Motor Backorder - How long did it take???

1st8Eer

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
We got word a couple weeks ago that our boat was in from the factory. However, it only had one of its' two Yamaha F150s. Did you have a 2022 Grady from the factory that was missing a motor (Starboard)? If so, how long until it came in for install?

Thanks,

Rob

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
huh?? Grady shipped a boat without an engine and is relying on the dealer to install it later?? i guess their craftsmanship is getting worse than i thought.

seasick

Reaction score
Did the factory rig the motor or did the dealer?
I can understand the issue of motor shortages but do they expect you to take delivery with one motor?!!!!
Something very weird here.

Sauza45

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 271
I ordered a 2022 Canyon, boat came in with no motors. Twin 300 came in about 2 months later. The dealer installed the motors
when they came in along with all the electronics. The holes were already drilled in the hall from the factory. Talked to grady about this and grady said that they can't store all the boats waiting on motors. They send the boat to the dealer and they can get all the electronics
and extras installed while waiting on motors. I will admit it sucks looking at your boat with no motors and wanting to use it.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd call GW and see if they actually shipped it that way. My guess is the dealer took one off to use on another boat or satisfy another customer. Seems fishy to me that GW would ship it that way. If you have access, check with mounting holes for caulk and the cables for signs of being previously connected.

GradyNC

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 326
They are Definitely shipping some with no motors. Our boat was shipped waiting on twin 300’s as well. Our dealer received them a few weeks later.

seasick

Reaction score
I thing the point to note is that these days, no motors on shipment is common but ship with one motor on a twin motor hull???

GradyNC

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 326
I’ve seen several boats at the dealership with one motor and waiting on the second.

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I saw several new boat ex engines at the dealership this past spring when I was prepping mine for launch. Thought it was strange, Never thought of the logistical issues of storing all the boat awaiting engines at the Grady factory.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
This is reality. The more interesting thing is when does GW get paid for the boat? Or, when does the dealer start paying floorplan? When the boat hits his/her yard? Or when the motor(s) show up and it's actually saleable.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Buddy ordered new 300s a year ago. Everyone, including Grady, is having trouble getting engines and they can only house so many boats at their factory in Greenville, NC (go pirates!). They have no choice but to ship them out to make room for new boats. Sucks but blame Joe not Grady!

ItalianAngler

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Buddy ordered new 300s a year ago. Everyone, including Grady, is having trouble getting engines and they can only house so many boats at their factory in Greenville, NC (go pirates!). They have no choice but to ship them out to make room for new boats. Sucks but blame Joe not Grady!
This isn't a political statement, just interested to hear how you'd solve the global shipping crisis or ongoing chip shortage plaguing nearly every industry across the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkunkBoat

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Yamaha's are back ordered around here. Have seen some new boats showing up with Suzuki's already on them.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
The logistic problem is too political to view here. It is geo political so not only us but it is made worse here.
one big issue for all is the reliance on unreliable etc. partners around the world. Pharma and food products being imported too much, in a true crisis the country should be self sufficient in relation to key necessities.
no real quick fix but the direction should be set and kept.
my 2c

1st8Eer

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 257
So, it sounds like motor #2 is going to be installed next week. Electronics are going in on the 6th & 7th. Should be done the following week! Can’t wait!!!

Reactions: ElyseM

Mr. Ed

Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
About 6 weeks ago my 2022 Fisherman 236 arrived at the dealership, and the motor arrived in its own crate at about the same time. It was up to the dealer to install it.

Father's Day

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Somebody has an orange Richard in his mouth