new boat any good

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
Hi i am thinking about getting this boat to restore. my question is do you guys think this is a decent boat. this is the only pic i have of the boat as of now though. i mean the boat is gonna be given to me.

thanks Chris

[img [/img]

richie rich

Reaction score
Well, it looks like 70's maybe early 80's vintage.....no visible name plate so can't comment on its quality or hull design......but the big questions is, how much money and time are you willing to put into it......this boat will need a complete rebuild....engine overhaul, shaft bearings/packings, fuel tanks, wiring, gauges and electrical panel, plus any glass work, interior refurbishing, bottom blasting and painting, transom work(if wet) etc.....so unless you love the boat and can't wait to make her your "baby".....you may want to think a little bit more about it....

RAINMAKER

Reaction score
That's a "GWO" model "GETCHA WALLET OUT" . :D

slow ride

Reaction score
Chris, a freebee of that size can turn into a nightmare very quickly, but with enough time and money you can make what you want of it. Good luck with it

ahill

Reaction score
What mfr does the title say?
Could be Pacemaker, I recognize the boat but can't come up with a name.
Maybe 28' Enterprise??
Sure looks like a So. FL boat.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
A Big Challenge!

Hey Chris! This is a guaranteed "Money Pit" anything is possible but, you can probably buy several other boats for what it will take to bring this old girl back. In her prime she was a fine machine! I think I would salvage it out and use the extra funds on your little Grady! 8)

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
As stated above, unless you have a particular affiliation to "That" boat, some assessing would be in order.
I am no one's restoration expert, but I can tell you with confidence it will cost more than you think and take longer than you think.
A lot of things are worth the hassle if your in love, whether it be with a boat or girl.

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
lol i hear ya im not much into this boat i think it is a pacemaker havent found out but idc. it is here in tx and the lady told me she would give it to me they arent gonna do nothin with it. but id much rather it be a bertram hull. thanks

Chris

richie rich

Reaction score
Yeah, if that were a Bertram Moppie, I'd be all over it......those go for some good bucks, restored or otherwise....if the boat is a very basic design, it may be too much to invest....maybe better for the lady to "donate" the boat to something like the American cancer society and take an income tax write off.

Bama....nice reef comment :lol: sorry Capt...just too funny

CAPT. DORADO

Reaction score
oh no i totally agree! it would be more a hassel than what its worth to sink it.... but it would make a hell of a fishing spot.

slow ride

Reaction score
Chris, that makes one heck of a lawn ornemant after all they say everthing is bigger in Texas :lol: