New Boat: Grady-White Sportsman 180 (pics)

CLK

Reaction score
Took delivery yesterday - spent the rest of the day & evening breaking in the engine.

Snapped some pics this afternoon:

GWSide1.jpg

GWSide2.jpg

GWBow.jpg

GWBow2.jpg

GWConsole.jpg

GWStern.jpg

And because someone had previously asked - A few pics of my BWs:

100_0138.jpg

BigBoat.jpg

Moby6.jpg

P9120234-2.jpg

Cheers!
~CLK

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
CLK,
Nice looking boat. It's really nice to see a center console without a top. I think that's a really classy look. Enjoy!!

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
awesome collection, I wish I had kept my 180 instead of selling her but looks like you have all you need to enjoy the water

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
What do you havee there a hairem (sp)?

No finer 18 ft CC. Need I say more?

I've come to like the big BW all glass bridge style, It's now the trend and I believe all others will follow on the cabin boats, as Grady just picked up on after a few years of wait-and-see.
And no reason to have a Parker door at rear, can go with canvas on the drop for more open feel same as alum/canvas.

No more bent aluminum welded tubing, primative by today's molding process production capabililites.

Alum tubing served the marine industry well and cheap (but no longer a low cost materiel).

midnight-rider

Reaction score
very nice

I had a threesome one..a 12 tin boat 6 hp yamaha, 17 Glaspar 85 johnson and my 19' grady with a 175 hp omc I O

CLK

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind feedback!

I really do like my new GW,... & have always appreciated the quality, design & look of GWs. In fact, I did look at the 360 prior to puchasing my BW 345CQ. If the 360 would've had the integrated glass windshield at that time,...then I might have a 360 right now.

As fas as having multiple boats - I've only been able to get away with that so far, because I'm not married yet. 40yrs old & still a bachelor. The girlfriends like the boats - so I'm optimistic.

Thanks again, & I look forward to reading & sharing on this site, for sometime. Perhaps my next big boat will be a GW.

Cheers!
~CLK

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Sweet ride....all of them. I have a bit of boat envy (lol)....

Reaction score

Did you buy your 180 from Jacobsons? If so how was it dealing with them? I can't ever to even get a hello when in their showroom or at boatshows. Their sales folks seem more into shooting the breeze with each other rather than selling boats. Service dept. has been fine though.

CLK

Reaction score
Re: 180

Nutty Squirrel said:
Did you buy your 180 from Jacobsons? If so how was it dealing with them?..... Service dept. has been fine though.

Yes I did.

They were fantastic to deal with. I worked with Terry McCartney. Terry took me out on the sea-trial,... answered all my questions - not just in regards to the 180, but also the other models (205 Tounament) & eventually wrote the deal up for me. When Terry was out - the other main salesmen (Karl) helped me. Finally, for those that don't know - Terry McCartney is also the owner of the Jacobsen's dealership!

Was great to work with the actual owner,... not just a salesperson & their sales manager - but the actual owner.

As far as the service dept - They were great too. Tom rigged my electronics & Rod prepped the engine.

All-in-all, Nothing but a great experience - & I wasn't an easy sale. My eventual purchase dragged on,...& on,...& on - covering several different models & power options.

I would have no problem recommending them as a dealership :!:

Cheers!
~CLK