New boat shopping

Whazzup

Reaction score
Thinking about 4-footitis and upgrading in the next year or so. I’ve been on a couple of Cobia’s and noticed something. They both rode bow-high compared to my 21 Grady center console. One Cobia was a 28 dual console and the other was a 34 center console. My Grady rides flat, but I do have to trim up the engine to get best ride. Relatively new to boating so I am interested in comments. Thanks

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Not sure what "4_footitis" is....? I will say that I am constantly trimming my motor up or down to adjust my ride to the conditions. That is nothing unusual....and I am also not surprised that you noticed a difference in the ride between a 21 ft boat and a 28 and 34.....kind of apples and oranges.
Having said that, if you are looking into a new boat, the common wisdom is to get as much boat as you can comfortably afford and maintain...and choose the boat that ticks off the most items on your "must have" list.
Good luck!

Reactions: PointedRose

Don Davis

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
2 footitis and 4 footitis are just terms to describe that the person is looking to get either a 2 foot or 4 foot longer boat than the one they currently have. All fun.

Reactions: Uncle Joe

luckydude

Reaction score
Website
mcvoy.com
Model
Seafarer
I didn't know about 4footitus either until I was going on and on about how much better a friend's 27 foot CC GW rode than my 22 foot.
If you want to come home fast in the slop, bigger is absolutely better. I have to pick my days.

Good luck in your search and if you can afford it, stick with Grady-White. I'm super super happy with mine. Yeah, I'd like bigger but that would have to be in a slip and that comes with more money, more stuff to do.