New canvas windows replacement

Twin 300’s

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Can I order a new top from this king canvas in Seattle for my 2001
26.5 express or do they keep the old patterns does anyone know or do I need to take it to a custom place now ?

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
A&J canvas in NC does the OEM canvas and they have the patterns. They do great work. Check other threads about enclosures and canvas on this site for reviews and details.

Pipehunter

Reaction score
They have patterns, but due to a flood several years ago they don't have all of them. Have your hull number ready when you call them. They also advised me several days ago that they have had some issues of late with canvas being too short. They indicated that this was probably due to fittings done at Grady itself by A & J's team after initial stiching. Thus, they requested that I send along my old 282 Sailfish canvas just to be sure. So I have boxes loaded in the car to go to A & J today.
Finally, when I spoke to them last week they told me that they were not accepting new orders until July 1, as a result of reopenings, including the Grady factory. I was lucky as I had been told to call last week, so they are going to move forward with mine, but they asked me to hold off on shipping until this week. They said it would take about ten days to make the enclosure.
Great folks. No email or website that I know of - phone number is (252) 244-1509

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Most local upholstery shops should be able to replace the existing enclosure.

Pipehunter

Reaction score
I reached out to a local, who quoted me $3800 and over $4000 with Strata glass. A & J is $2800 with Strata. They also send me the tool to do the snaps and I send it back. All of that, plus the fact that they do them for Grady and have the old patterns, made this an easy choice for me.