New dash panel for a '91 Tournament

Yamama

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I've been meaning to do this for awhile. Last year I desperately needed to overhaul my dash...'91 Tournament. I liked the look of the carbon fiber panels on the new Gradys, so I contacted them to find out where they obtained the material. Got a hold of the company, bought a 3x3 piece and then used the old panel as a template.
The switches are from Blue Sea.

The pics have a blue tint because the boat is still covered with the tarp.

Dash1.JPG

Dash2.JPG

Grady Again

Reaction score
Dash looks great. Ineed to do something to the '97 208 I just purchased. Original is cracked around the screw holes.

Where did you get the carbon fiber and was it easy to work with (cut,, drill, etc.). I've noticed a lot of custom cars are using CF.

Thanks

:D

jehines3

Reaction score
Very nice job and very professional looking. Where did you get the panel and what thickness did you go with. Is it real CF or fake. If it is fake, its a pretty good fake. jh

tibeachguy

Reaction score
That looks great. I have a 1988 Tournament that needs the same thing. I also have a '96 Escape that could use it in the future as well. Will you pass on the contact information so that I could order some of the board?

Greg B

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks great. I need to do this on my Islander now with the repower. Where did you get the material?
Thanks
Greg

Yamama

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I should have looked back on this post a while ago. Sorry. The carbon fiber came from the manufacturer that does GW dashes. It is the same as used on the current boats. Can't remember the name. I called Grady, told them what I wanted to do, and asked for the name of where they got that material. Called that company, talked to their Cust Serv dept, and worked out a price for a partial sheet that was left over from other jobs. I had to purch a piece that was about 2X4, but I am pretty sure I sold what was leftover to someone on this forum.
The company fabricates dashes for alot of boat companies. The hardest part of the project was not getting that material and cutting (it's lexan I believe), it was getting all the proper switches/and buttons by Blue Sea.

It was a very rewarding improvement. This spring's project is replacing all the Duratrim with Seaboard. Post and Pics coming soon.

Summer Rae

Reaction score
tournament panel

I have a 93 Tournament, and need to replace the same panel. Would you mind sharing the info of the company where you were able to find the piece? Thanks!