New DIY Carbon Wrap Flush Mount Electronics w/ lock

PNW_Drifter

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Got the idea from an old thread on this board and since I was cutting a bigger whole for my 7" Striker Plus and wrapping the acrylic with carbon wrap anyway. Thought I should add 2 stainless ubolts and order some aluminum. Back is braced but I'm not going to show it. I fully know that someone who really wants anything in a boat can get it. But I figure you don't have to out run the bear, only the guy next to you.
1616177784003.png
Locked up:
1616177882001.png

FLWhaler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Nice work looking to do something similar on my 228.

mk818

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Where did you buy the carbon fiber and what did you cut it with? I am going to redo mine

dash.jpg

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a question. To those that have used carbon fiber panels for your console or switch panel, is this "real" carbon fiber laminated to a panel, or a solid carbon fiber panel or is it a printed film applied to a laminate?

Last edited:

JJMag

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a question. To those that have used carbon fiber panels for your console or switch panel, is this "real" carbon fiber laminated to a panel, or a solid carbon fiber panel or is it a printed film applied to a laminate?
This is what was written on Amazon say about the product .

{ Decorative thermoplastic ABS sheets are available in a variety of finishes: woodgrain, carbon fiber, burl-wood, chrome, brush aluminum, etc. How are decorative ABS sheets made? The decorative surface is fused to an ABS plastic substrate. Can be used for interior or exterior applications. }

I am doing my panel right now but do not have my Simrad AP44auto pilot or I do not have my Garmin 943XVS covid 19th is long

Attachments

• 56B8D0DF-8213-48EA-A8C2-50E897D1B364.jpeg
    56B8D0DF-8213-48EA-A8C2-50E897D1B364.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34

Timbo

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Got the idea from an old thread on this board and since I was cutting a bigger whole for my 7" Striker Plus and wrapping the acrylic with carbon wrap anyway. Thought I should add 2 stainless ubolts and order some aluminum. Back is braced but I'm not going to show it. I fully know that someone who really wants anything in a boat can get it. But I figure you don't have to out run the bear, only the guy next to you.
View attachment 19435
Locked up:
View attachment 19436
Just curious where do you keep your boat? Or have you had your electronics stolen in the past? I’ve never even thought about locking them up until this point