New E-Tec design to be anounced

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hammer...? Hammer down...! :wink:

This 20 second video is great - boat is cruising along and the captain applies a bit more throttle to the E-Tec G2s. The passenger is thrown back into the seat while loose items fly back to the transom. Cool. 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PqtUa1i42s

Cheers,
-Scott

mboyatt

Reaction score
I think the hammer may be in reference to how ugly this design is. I went back and looked for one in white and black, thinking that would help, but to no avail. Even that looks like crap to me. I am not knocking the functionality of the motor. I am sure mechanically it is improved. I just can't get over the ugly factor. Looks like a Nascar deal for boats. To each his own. I will never hang something that looks like that on the back of my boat. Hopefully when I repower the original Etecs are still being made. I can live with that look. :-|

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
mboyatt said:
I think the hammer may be in reference to how ugly this design is.. :-|

The first hammer came out a month before the design was released...? :uhm

I kind of agree on the looks of it, however. If I had to pick one now it would probably be black on black with maybe a light red accent but it might look like a Merc from a distance.

I think the Evinrude marketing guys will have their hands full getting this new look accepted - perhaps they will do another tug-of-war video with a new E-tec sinking an old E-Tec... :wink:

mboyatt

Reaction score
Love the tug-of-war videos. That would be cool to see. I also agree that black on black may be the best look for this motor. I guess the real test will be seeing one of these on a Grady White. That is going to be interesting.