New Electronics install DIY project or professional install?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
The DSM300 and GPS sensor do not shut off either when the main unit is off. So they would stay on all the time when the battery switch is on.

I use a spare panel switch for the DSM, the only component that I switch.

I think the seaTalk junction box has a power feed input too, also not switched.

With the exception of the DSM where I added a switch, everything else gets a position off a new fuse panel that is fed when the battery switch is on. When I leave the boat I turn off the battery switch, which kills everyting else, before though, I turn off the head unit. I have not read the ship's battery switch can't be used to kill power for any device which doesn't have it's own on/off button (namely DSM, GPS sensor, and Seatalk box).

Have you found a location for the DSM ? Doesn't need to be near head unit.

Alternately on the radar scanner, you can come out the back and position a clamshell fitting over the box and and come in that way, caulk the cable entrance fully under the clamshell.

sell one of thesie ckamsheels
, hea duniteh head unithatever doesn't have it's own swcithSince everything esle has it's own Everyint

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
maboat, congarats on the 307, very nice boat.

I think I read you were in Massachusetts? If you would like, my boat is in Gloucester and you're more than welcome to come by and look. I just added radar to my rig. It may give you some ideas for your install. VHF, Sonar, etc. (no heading sensor... next year). I'll be there this weekend. Or I could take some more datailed pics and post them now that I've that figured out :lol: . Anyway, let me Know.

maboat

Reaction score
I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice offered here. I completed the installation this past weekend and everything went great. I was able to get all the equipment including integration to the Yamaha Command Link for engine and data installed and tested. I will try and take some pictures next weekend and post them here.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
maboat said:
I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice offered here. I completed the installation this past weekend and everything went great. I was able to get all the equipment including integration to the Yamaha Command Link for engine and data installed and tested. I will try and take some pictures next weekend and post them here.

Got any pics :mrgreen:

maboat

Reaction score
Here are some pictures thanks for all the tips and advice

NAV1.jpg

NAV2.jpg

NAV3.jpg

NAV4.jpg