New electronics on my Marlin installed - question

Wally World

Reaction score
Martek Electronics just finished installing all new electronics for me. Garmin 1242 with 24" radar dome, new LED light bracket, New ICOM VHF, new VHF antenna and Fusion 16" radio tuner antenna all integrated with the Sirius Weather add on as well. They did a fantastic job with re-doing my dash with a Carbon Fiber dash as well.
Just looking to see who out there has this model Garmin and where they sit their Gain percentage on the radar module since it seems very sensitive, in a good way.

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpg
    IMG_5826.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5827.jpg
    IMG_5827.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5830.jpg
    IMG_5830.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Martek Electronics just finished installing all new electronics for me. Garmin 1242 with 24" radar dome, new LED light bracket, New ICOM VHF, new VHF antenna and Fusion 16" radio tuner antenna all integrated with the Sirius Weather add on as well. They did a fantastic job with re-doing my dash with a Carbon Fiber dash as well.
Just looking to see who out there has this model Garmin and where they sit their Gain percentage on the radar module since it seems very sensitive, in a good way.
Did you get the xsv model? If so, where did you mount the transducer?

Wally World

Reaction score
Did you get the xsv model? If so, where did you mount the transducer?
[/QUOTE

Yes I did the XSV. There were two transducers installed to include the side scan as well and each were mounted to port and starboard along the same line as the grounding plate. They manufactured angled mounting blocks to get the right degree.

Boat is back in the water so I cant send pics.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thinking about 1242xsv for my 330. Do you have the transducer make/model # ? Be very interested in how your side scan works. Thx!

Dand1

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Do you mean Martek in OC Md. ? I don’t have an answer to your question, but if it’s the same people they are fantastic at what they do. They are getting ready to upgrade everything in my 305 It will be the 3rd install they have done for me. I’m also going with all new Garmin equipment. Maybe once their done we can compare notes. Good Luck

Wally World

Reaction score
Do you mean Martek in OC Md. ? I don’t have an answer to your question, but if it’s the same people they are fantastic at what they do. They are getting ready to upgrade everything in my 305 It will be the 3rd install they have done for me. I’m also going with all new Garmin equipment. Maybe once their done we can compare notes. Good Luck

Same company, just their NJ branch. They are great.

Stephnic

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Martek did my Garmin setup and very happy GREAT JOB and good people