New England Boat Show

Fishtales

Reaction score
Went in today. Good size show. All exhibition space on main floor utilized. $20 to park, $16 to get in but my dealer provided a couple of passes that took the edge off. Good brochure with every day having a 5 or so events on electronics, saltwater fishing, skinny water fishing, tuna fishing, build a boat for the kids.. You get it - all kinds of events.
Good mix of boats from inflatables, ski boats, pontoons and ocean cruising and fishing. All the usual suspects were there. The only real line I saw was to get on some $1.2M boat by Galeon that look like you splashed it and used it as a house boat. Bar off the side and a ton of glass.

Grady had a nice space as usual. The only walkaround was the 228 Seafarer and that was a late minute add - only if they had room! Dual Consoles everywhere - I think every model was there. No 33 or 37 Expresses Nobody could remember the last time an express wasn't shown. A good mix of CCs as well. Talking to some folks and dealer reps many believe it is the older customers shifting needs driving the shift to DC. All on one level, no steps to deal to the helm or down to the cabin. Easier to get to the anchor or the mooring and less chance of falling, you are closer to the and not dealing with a railing. More seating for family and extended young families. You can still close it up should it get snotty out and stay out of the elements. Decent storage on the 30+ models and an enclosed head makes day trips good for the ladies and kids. So I broke down and gave the 28-33s a close look. Very nice and a lot of seating. While not my piece of cake, I can see why they are popular. You give up the overnighting and some of the fishabilty but most of the older folks are not buying for these activities.. If they go somewhere, they will likely spend the money for a hotel.
Looks like Fusion is the stock stereo these days. All boats seem to have a lighted subwoofer and speakers as well.

28 DC was $220K
30 DC was just under $300K
33 DC in the mid 4's I think.
37 DC in the mid 6's I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jargon

Fishtales

Reaction score
Saw these fender holders at the show. https://www.fenderbucket.com/
Looks like the guy is just getting started. Didn't stop to chat but saw them online. I could only find one link to price ($54 each) with a special (unknown) price on a two pack. I like the idea as the holder and the fender are out of the water and you don't have to tie to your cleats or rails. Nice that you can leave the fenders behind in a clean manner as well.

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
No jalapeno cheddar stuffed pretzels?

Did you see any of the 'tug' like cruisers?

Zebulon

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Saw these fender holders at the show. https://www.fenderbucket.com/
Looks like the guy is just getting started. Didn't stop to chat but saw them online. I could only find one link to price ($54 each) with a special (unknown) price on a two pack. I like the idea as the holder and the fender are out of the water and you don't have to tie to your cleats or rails. Nice that you can leave the fenders behind in a clean manner as well.

Great idea..........drain hole on the bottom??

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes a drain hole in the bottom and the holder and your fender stay out of the water, so they should stay clean.
No tug cruisers observed and no peppers. Didn't even buy a cold one.

NHAngler

Reaction score
I'll be headed down to the show later this week. I work 5 blocks from there but think there is more to see on the weekends as far as seminars I think.