New Grady as of today

Accuratepete

Reaction score
Hello all I am now a proud owner of a 2002 282 sailfish. First thing I want to do if possible is remove companion seat with a helm chair if possible has anyone done that hear. And will be removing electronics from box and flush mounting on starboard over box opening. And of course very first thing I do is drop off at Yamaha to get the exhaust update done on the f225 as they showed signs of corrosion on scope thankfully owner that sold boat is paying.

fellinger

Reaction score
Good luck! I enjoyed my first year with my new to me 272 Sailfish. I can't wait till next season.

fischer

Reaction score
Try it before you remove it. My wife loves the companion seat on our Marlin. Even I can get comfortable it it.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Curious how things went for you... I've thought of going the other way and getting rid of my helm seat and getting the lounge seat for the passenger side...

I too have a 2002 282 Sailfish...

Fishtales

Reaction score
Agree on the companion seat. I'd keep it. I found it a bit tight in the helm area with two helm chairs. If it is the height of the companion seat that is the issue, maybe have a booster pad fabricated from a local canvas shop tie a couple of type3 square floatation aides/chair pads together.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Yeah, it's tight, that's why I was considering getting rid of the passenger side helm chair... Well, it's tight for us fat boys anyway, and when I gotta get from the helm to the trolling lines quick or from the stern to the helm quick, I am always hanging up on the daggum arms of the chairs, and of course they don't spin as freely as you want them to after 12 years...