New Grady Freedom 325

LJG

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Hello all. New to forum here as this is my first Grady. I traded in a 290 Amberjack for a 2021 Freedom 325. The Amberjack was a great boat but underpowered. So the 325 is fully loaded with a great Garmen electronics package being installed at the dealer. It will live on Moosehead Lake in Maine. I was looking for some input on what I should look for when taking delivery. I feel under qualified to be able to notice any fine details. Thanks in advance for any input. See a shot of the boat on the factory floor yesterday.12.jpeg

Rustygaff

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
What a beauty! There is not a whole lot you can do while its on the lot besides a thorough visual "once over". Once the boat is in the water, go through each system to insure they are in working order. You purchased a premium boat. There is a reason GW's reputation for service is second to none. Good luck! And BTW, do not baby those motors. They like to run hard.

LJG

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Thanks for the tip Rusty. I must confess with all that has happened in the last year, I feel like a little kid with this purchase.

Uncle Joe

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Oh Man! SWEEEEET! best of luck with it and if you ever want to get it a little salty and the decks bloody... look me up and we will run it out to the Hudson Canyon! :)

PointedRose

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Thanks for the tip Rusty. I must confess with all that has happened in the last year, I feel like a little kid with this purchase.

nothing to find in a brand new boat, looks like a beaut. Get yourself comfortable with the features and handling. Keep up with the maintenance and it will look like that for a decade or more.

LJG

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
New Grady 325 delivered last night to Portland, Me!! More pics when it is unwrapped.

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    741.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reactions: GWcpa

LJG

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Electronics being installed. Here are the specs and a couple of pictures. Hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade their electronics. I will give feedback on this setup once she is in the water.

Displays
- 2 Garmin GPSMAP 8616SV 16" MFD/FF (I could have squeezed in 20" but it would be crowded)

Transducers
- Garmin GT51M-TH DownVU/SideVu
- Garmin Panoptix PS30 Down Scan transom Mount.

Radar
-Garmin GMR Fantom 18" High Definition Radome

VHF
-Horizon GX18000G VHF Radio
-Garmin AIS 800 Class B Transceiver

Camera
-Flir M232 Thermal Camera with Pan/Tilt

Auto Pilot
-Garmin GHP Reactor Autopilot

Fishhawk X4D

Attachments

• Elec 2.jpg
    Elec 2.jpg
    654.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Elec 1.jpg
    Elec 1.jpg
    772.8 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Uncle Joe
Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
Electronics being installed. Here are the specs and a couple of pictures. Hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade their electronics. I will give feedback on this setup once she is in the water.

Displays
- 2 Garmin GPSMAP 8616SV 16" MFD/FF (I could have squeezed in 20" but it would be crowded)

Transducers
- Garmin GT51M-TH DownVU/SideVu
- Garmin Panoptix PS30 Down Scan transom Mount.

Radar
-Garmin GMR Fantom 18" High Definition Radome

VHF
-Horizon GX18000G VHF Radio
-Garmin AIS 800 Class B Transceiver

Camera
-Flir M232 Thermal Camera with Pan/Tilt

Auto Pilot
-Garmin GHP Reactor Autopilot

Fishhawk X4D
Congrats on new boat. Beautiful! Curious why you went with a Garmin Autopilot on top of the Helm Master autopilot? Redundancy, or is there functionality in the Garmin autopilot that Yamaha does not have?

LJG

Reaction score
Model
CHOOSE
Hey Daniel I will know for sure when I use the boat for spring fishing. I do a lot of freshwater trolling. About 50% of the time alone. The Garmin unit works in conjunction with helm master to give me steer-by-wire functionality. That way I can plot course and speed around the lake at the depths that I want to fish, and let the boat drive itself while I fish! Obviously, I need to watch for traffic, but this is a remote lake. Helm Master is very powerful and I would not get a new boat without it.

devnull

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
keep us posted with updates, I'm looking at the same model :)

devnull

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
@LJG how is the ride with the windows closed and the bow door shut? Keep the elements out pretty well at speed? Any rattling or noise issues with that setup?