New Grady Islander owner

Scot Smith

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Finally found an Islander under $20 K
that appears to be in good order - had it hauled up from NJ to my area Ct shoreline Branford - got my guys at Diamond Marine going over it -so far so good - engine diagnostics good - its a 96 with a 2007 Yamaha HPDI 350 - gas tank was my biggest concern - got a good look inside it and a pressure test yesterday looks like it was replaced within last 5- 10 years - Like I said so far so good . Comes with Raymarine Hybrid touch 9 inch screen, I’m familiar with Garmin not Raymarine anyone know this equipment and what transfucer it requires? Previous owner did not complete install
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd contact BOE Marine or your local electronics dealer. They can let you know what you need. Then you can decide if you need to shop around.

deepdesire

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Congrats on your new Islander. I ve been running mine since 2006. It is a 96 also. I still have my original 134 gal tank. I didnt know there was a 350 hpdi. I repowered last year with a 300 Suzuki from a sws 250 Yamaha. Liked my Yamaha love my Suzuki. Have you checked your cockpit drains hoses and thru hulls? Single power Islanders can get squirrely in certain sea conditions, use your tabs and trim. We regularly take ours 30 to 50 miles offshore from Cape May. Best of luck with your new ride.

Reactions: Steelhead