New Grady Owner

vtacasteve

Reaction score
Helllo All,
Just got myself a nice little Tournament 19, 1988. She is powered by a 175HP Johnson of the same vintage. Any comments about this model or performance numbers with same or approx power would be appreciated. Happy boating !!!

Took her out today on maiden voyage. She ran great. About 25mph @ 3500, 30mph @ 4000, 37mph @ 5000. Old bottom paint with 4 adults, 1/2 fuel and some gear. She easily had another 400 to 500 rpm more left in her, but I didn't want to push her till shake down cruises have happend.

delongo

Reaction score
Hey there - First off, congrats on the new boat. I have a 19 foot tourney as well, and i love it. It's powered by a Yamaha 200 saltwater series with a 8hp kicker for the fishies. I've been really happy with the way this boat handles the chop as well just going for a cruise. The layout of the boat is fantastic for entertaining and fishing. The wide beam gives plenty of room for everyone to move about. I live in the Seattle area and we just took a cruise up to the San Juan Islands and she performed excellent. Oh, the only downfall is that i have a yellow lab and whenever i open her up, the dog goes sliding to the back of the boat. It's actually pretty funny to watch. I little dog bed would probably solve that. Alright enough rambling, enjoy your new Grady!

mjhillsr

Reaction score
Congrats on the new boat, I think you will be pleased with the 19' tournament. Last summer I wanted a good all around boat and I chose the 19' tournament also. It's a 1991 with a 140 hp suzuki, and for my use it is great. Used it last summer in the chesapeake bay for fishing, cruising, and tubing with the grand kids. Took it down to the keys from january to june, and had a ball. Used it for cruising, snorkeling, fishing, and tubing when the kids came down for a visit. I now have it back in the chesapeake and am looking forward to another good summer. With the 140 I cruise at 21mph with a top speed of 35mph. I hope that you have the same luck with your new boat.

seasick

Reaction score
vtacasteve said:
Helllo All,
Just got myself a nice little Tournament 19, 1988. She is powered by a 175HP Johnson of the same vintage. Any comments about this model or performance numbers with same or approx power would be appreciated. Happy boating !!!

Took her out today on maiden voyage. She ran great. About 25mph @ 3500, 30mph @ 4000, 37mph @ 5000. Old bottom paint with 4 adults, 1/2 fuel and some gear. She easily had another 400 to 500 rpm more left in her, but I didn't want to push her till shake down cruises have happend.
Congrats.
Personnaly, I would not have gone on the maiden voyage with 4 adults. The boat is new to you, not so new in age, and you didn't know whether there might be issues.
Enjoy and be safe.