New Grady Owner

Breachway

Reaction score
Not sure if I am doing this right but lets give it a shot. Today I bought my first Grady. A 1999 Voyager 248 / Yamaha 250 OX66. Had it surveyed and got the green light. I am upgrading from a Mako CC. I needed a little more boat for Block Island fishing. Home port is Snug Harbor/Pt. Judith RI. I feel good. Glad to be part of the Grady White family. I have learned alot from the forum. Thanks

jellyfish

Reaction score
congrats and welcome. This is a nice site to get info and give info. I wish you tight lines! :welcome

striped bass

Reaction score
Breach:
I was just at Snug Harbor a few days ago. I drove by after lunch at the Matunuck Oyster Bar. I'll stop by and check out your new ride next time.

NJ-JOHN

Reaction score
Welcome, ive got nothing but great advice from the members here.

Pete1313

Reaction score
Great Boat! Congratulations! I bought my 1997 Voyager 248 w/ an OX66 on it last year....used, from southern cali, sight unseen! I've done a ton of upgrading and maintenance to it in the last year, including alot of engine servicing (VST, low pressure pumps, thermostats etc)....so let me know if you need any help! There are also a couple other voyager owners in that vintage...and the OX66 250 is a great motor!

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
:<>< :welcome You are going to love this boat. I bought a 1997 voyager(yamaha 0x66 250) last year and had a great time on it all spring, summer and a bit of fall. The highlight was a 7 day cruise from Marblehead to Casco Bay and return. This summer the group(cyc) is going to mystic seaport and bloc is. via the canal with stops in mattapoisset, new bedford, newport and stonington. I dont fish but I like this boat very much. Maybe I'll see you in and around Block. Good luck! Lew PS I am not very mechanical so the only advise I can offer is -make sure you buy a couple of cases of yama -lube 2stroke oil. The engine is very reliable but likes the oil.